AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've narrowed my choice down to a Panasonic 42" commercial HD set (7 or 8 series if I can wait :rolleyes: ) So the final decision is mounting.

I know there are quite a few relatively flush, flat wall mounts, but an articulating arm mount really would be useful where this is going (kitchen). The only thing that concerns me about the arm mounts is the depth they seem to requite from the wall. The most "flush" mount I've found so far is this Chief mount:

http://www.chiefmfg.com/product_disp...=TH%2D42PHD7UY

Which specs "2 5/8" plus included interface bracket. Check website for model specific dimensions. " Although I can seem to find the "specific dimensions" on their site, so I'm not sure what site they are talking about. :eek:

Anyways, given the panel is 3.5" deep, and the adding the wall mount, it would seem the panel would be 6 1/8" + away from the wall when returned to the flat position. That starts to seem pretty thick to me, which makes me wonder. I could shave 5/8" off by removing the sheetrock there (heh) but other then that I suppose that's the best that can be done for a mount like this?

Is there a chance that the mounting area on the panel is actually recessed a bit compared to the 3.5" depth spec? Are there other arm style mounts that are more flush? (not concerned about cost).

Any input or arm mounting experiences would be greatly appreciated!

-James

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is the Chief PDS 2000 series. I just put one on the wall tonight, actually. If you like this mount, you can get it at Tech4Less.com right now for CHEAP. Search for "PDS-2095" and it will show up. The PDS-2095 is basically a PDS2000 articulating arm with a Sony adapter plate. You can get a custom adapter plate for your Panasonic from MountsAndMore.com. Pick Chief from the list, and then put in PSB in the "For" field. For example, the PSB-2051 is the adapter plate that will fit your Panasonic. If you search the net you'll find that other places have the PSB adapter plates cheaper than Mounts&More, but they just drop ship them from Chief. I think MountsandMore stocks them and has a higher price, but can get them to you faster.

I'm making my own adapter plate for my NECVM5 that's coming in next week.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I'd love to hear what you think about it (and see a few shots :) ) once you NEC is mounted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.