AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved into a new home where the basement is completely finished. I holds my 86" LCD TV perfectly as well as my front speakers (KEF) and NAD receiver.

I've been trying to find an option for rear speakers. I haven't found a way to run wire back to them (floor) and have no idea how to fish it through a finished/drywalled ceiling.

Love any and all ideas including wireless options for speakers and a sub.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how handy are you? can you remove and replace the baseboards? It would help to see a diagram of the is room and a picture of how it is finished,
My wife is extremely handy, believe it or not. Even she gave up. I will post pictures tomorrow.

The problem with using baseboards is there is a patio door along the same wall. She even consider pulling up carpet, putting wire under it, and then having the carpet restretched. That could work, it we drilled small holes at the bottom of base boards and brought wire up the wall. I just hate putting wire under carpeting and having it stepped on.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are three pictures, one shows the front of the room where the audio gear is in the cabinet below the TV. The second shows the side wall the wiring would need to travel to get to the back wall where the speakers would be (pic 3).

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts