AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I was told that the original OEM lamp for my Hitachi CP-X444 projector lamp is no longer being produced. I can not afford to replace the projector, so it seems like cheap "replacement" lamps are my only option. When it comes to the aftermarket lamps, are there some that are better than others? Is there a good/reputable company out there that sells a good aftermarket lamp?

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Help! I was told that the original OEM lamp for my Hitachi CP-X444 projector lamp is no longer being produced. I can not afford to replace the projector, so it seems like cheap "replacement" lamps are my only option. When it comes to the aftermarket lamps, are there some that are better than others? Is there a good/reputable company out there that sells a good aftermarket lamp?

Thanks!
Jim
Here you go, these are the real deal I have one of their lamps in my Planar with 1700 hours on it and it is like new.
http://www.dlplampsource.com/dt00691-projector-replacement-lamp-with-housing.html

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

Thanks!
Jim
Disassemble the module so you have the bare bulb. Find the part number on it and then try to find a seller of a genuine Philips or OSRAM lamp for that part number. More work, but you know the bulb itself isn't a cheap knockoff. Buying complete modules -- even from the same seller -- can be hit and miss. I got a great complete module for my JVC from Apexlamps but the next time I ordered it was garbage, because they changed suppliers of bulbs to assemble modules from a year earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts