AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you! I just got the third Optoma P2 and tested it, works great! (y)

And for everybody who hopes not every Optoma P2 is affected: now I tested three (!) Optoma P2 with my Denon X4700H.. ALL have the same problem.
Yeah I too tested multiple Optoma P2s against my Yamaha RX V6A and both had the same problem and was not until I got the Marantz SR5014 without the HDMI 2.1 that everything worked fine. The other problem I had with the first P2 was that it had to be physically placed 3 inches right of center to make the image centered on the screen, whether it got dropped in shipping who knows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I'm having the exact same issue as the OP with the P2 and my Marantz SR5015. It keeps cycling through "snow effect" pictures and displaying the message "If you experience abnormal color issue, please adjust the EDID setting", until it eventually stabilizes, but that often takes a while.

Interestingly, this didn't just happen with my AV receiver - it also happened when I plugged in my NVIDIA Shield TV Pro or my Sony UBP-X700 Blu-ray player directly into the P2, though to a lesser degree. There was some flickering and cycling initially, but it stabilized shortly after that. Just thought it was worth mentioning! The problem is definitely with the P2.

Also interestingly, when I changed the HDMI EQ from Auto to manual, the cycling stopped, and there was no connection. When I turned the EQ back to Auto, the cycling began again. So that got me thinking maybe there's a manual EQ setting that works - I tried a bunch, roughly from -7 to +7, with no success.

I don't know much about AV tech so I wasn't able to diagnose the problem any further. I'm waiting for tech support to get back to me, but at this point I'm leaning towards returning the P2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, I never had a P1. Only three P2.

Today the Yamaha RX-A2080 arrived. It has no HDMI 2.1 and works without any issues on the Optoma CinemaX P2.

I will sell the Denon AVC-X4700H on eBay. I'm out..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: like others in this thread I went out and picked up a different AV receiver without HDMI 2.1 (the Onkyo TX-NR595), and now my P2 works without any issues.

Having to downgrade my receiver is pretty ridiculous though - this isn't what I expected from a brand like Optoma.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally had a chance to install the Atlona AT-ETU-SYNC and now everything is working as expected.
So it works with Atlona? You get 4k Signal UHD?

It works propably because it's HDMI 2.0b, so there is no HDMI 2.1 connected to the beamer.
But on the other hand spending another 200 $... for something what should Optoma fix themselves

·
Registered
6 Posts
So it works with Atlona? You get 4k Signal UHD?

It works propably because it's HDMI 2.0b, so there is no HDMI 2.1 connected to the beamer.
But on the other hand spending another 200 $... for something what should Optoma fix themselves
Yes, it works. I can confirm that 4K 24/30/60Hz HDR are all displayed correctly. I did multiple power cycles, and switched between sources with various resolutions to see if that would cause any sync issues. No issues were found.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Optoma support in 80% of cases don't see it as their own problem. If you ask AV receiver producer.
Optoma "It's HDMI 2.1 form new receivers, they need to fix it"
AV Receiver "It's Optoma"

They can't work together on a solution?

So if you want to buy Optoma then only old AV receiver with HDMI 2.0 or Atlona UHD/HD Fury from 2017 with HDMI 2.0 (old Vertex model) 180-250 $ extra costs.
Or just don't buy Optoma.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can also confirm that the Cinema P1 works fine with the Denon AVC X4700H, when the Atlona AT-ETU-SYNC (AT1006) is connected in between. No issues detected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday after buying a Denon X4700H.

Do you think the problem could be solved with an HD Fury Linker 4K60 or an HD Fury 4K Vertex (instead of a Atlona) ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't use Vertex! it has HDMI 2.1, buy integral 2. It should be even better than Atlona.
Or wait for fix from Optoma or Denon :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry my mistake then. I saw somwhere 2.1. You can always buy it and try. Don't forget 14 days for online orders to test. HD Fury is way better than Atlona and only option easy available in EU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry my mistake then. I saw somwhere 2.1. You can always buy it and try. Don't forget 14 days for online orders to test. HD Fury is way better than Atlona and only option easy available in EU
Thank you for your feedback. I still have a question between the two models (HD Fury Linker 4K60 or an HD Fury 4K Vertex). I know I can test it but if someone else had already tried it would be great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. I still have a question between the two models (HD Fury Linker 4K60 or an HD Fury 4K Vertex). I know I can test it but if someone else had already tried it would be great.
HD Fury Linker 4K60 linker should be sufficient. But you need to try it by yourself. You can always ship it back.

I bought and tested HD Fury DR HDMI 4k - it solved Handshake problem (that black screen from Optoma with picture to connect your source to the projector), but that small box could only solve handshake... You need solution for more than HDMI. That small box help only little. It makes the snowflakes proces shorter and soleves all connection drop outs between snowflakes.

Optoma has problem with signal via HDMI2.1. That what we see is AV Receiver sending signal to the projector and projector dropping connection, because he doesn't know something in that signal. One guy from other thread suspects Dolby Vision.

So if it is true with Dolby Vision, your HDMI fix box must have Video processor to solve 2nd problem after handshake and no HDMI 2.1.

If you decide to test it. Please share your results with us. There are many people with that same problem and looking for solutions.

It would be great to have more working options than Atlona UHD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with a Cinemax P2 and DENON AVR-X2700H DAB
Oddly the Apple TV seems to connect after a few seconds whereas the PS4 and Cable need a 30 seconds handshake

61 - 80 of 124 Posts