AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you get to compare the image between the P1 and P2?
Hmm maybe just compare technical (contrast, ANSI, colour range) data or google reviews.

I took P1 beacuse it is a little brighter and after calibration you are going to lose some of brightness.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I have the same issue with Optoma Cinemax Pro and Denon AVC-X3700H. Cant get it to work with changing cables or trying to use monitor 2. Only workaround for me at the moment is to simply plug everything (I only need 3 hdmi inputs) directly into the projector and use optical back put to the Denon. I know it's not ideal but guess I'll have to live with this until it's fixed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all, I have the same issue with Optoma Cinemax Pro and Denon AVC-X3700H. Cant get it to work with changing cables or trying to use monitor 2. Only workaround for me at the moment is to simply plug everything (I only need 3 hdmi inputs) directly into the projector and use optical back put to the Denon. I know it's not ideal but guess I'll have to live with this until it's fixed.
You can use zone 2 out, it has 2.0 HDMI port for you signal to the projector. But forget ARC, CEC. It won't work with zone 2 output 2.0. It is huge downside but you can use your AV Receiver without snowflakes

We need to wait for Optoma to fix it. They can't demand from us to spend another 200€ on some additional deivces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Allthough I don't want to spend another €200+ extra, I'd got recommended to buy the "Kramer PT-1C 4K HDR HDMI EDID Processor". Got this by a real helpfull guy at Optoma, from which I now have his personal phone number to get this fixed together. This device is available in The Netherlands for "only" €144.

Product page: PT-1C
Dutch shopping page: KRAMER - PT-1C 4K HDR HDMI EDID Processor
International shopping page: Amazon.com : Kramer Electronics PT-1C EDID Processor : Camera & Photo

Note: I haven't tested this device for now, but by the looks of is it's kinda the same as the Atlona (which I've had tested and it worked for me). I'm planning on testing it soon if you're willing to wait for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all.
I've got the same issues as all of you concerning my P2 and the Denon 3700h being completely incompatible.
Contacted Optoma a week ago and haven't even heard back from them yet :(

Magically got the 2.1/ARC connection to work perfectly about a week ago for an entire film with Atmos but since have only had static/flickering/color issues/etc.-
However, playing xbox games w/ Atmos works through ARC eventually (up to 2 minutes wait)

Q1
-Should zone 2 support 4k video/Atmos? My UHD blu rays are downsized to 1080p 24hz when attempting to use this connection for some reason (through xbox) and even with it I am still getting the handshake issues sporadically.

Q2
-Is the Atlona EDID Emulator for 4K HDR HDMI Signal available anywhere in Europe/France as this appears to be the only viable solution at present?
Comil/FVS (the official resellers here) don't have/carry this item at present and Atlona has been slow to respond here for alternatives.

Have a nice day/night all!

·
Registered
31 Posts
-Is the Atlona EDID Emulator for 4K HDR HDMI Signal available anywhere in Europe/France as this appears to be the only viable solution at present?
Comil/FVS (the official resellers here) don't have/carry this item at present and Atlona has been slow to respond here for alternatives.
No, it ist hard to find.
HD Fury Vertex or Integral 2 should be even better than atlona. Not confirmed yet

New optoma firware today (version C15.4). I don't know if it changes something ...
I can't find anyting about it. I will test it at home later. thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, it ist hard to find.
HD Fury Vertex or Integral 2 should be even better than atlona. Not confirmed yet

I can't find anyting about it. I will test it at home later. thanks!
Just to understand better how it works, the HD Fury would be between the Denon and the Optoma Cinemax ?
or between problematic sources and Denon ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ideally, I'm looking for a plug and play option if possible and thought that the Atlona Sync would be easier (hassle free) compared to the plethora of modes available w/ the Fury products and my general lack of EDID mgmt solution knowledge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just to understand better how it works, the HD Fury would be between the Denon and the Optoma Cinemax ?
or between problematic sources and Denon ?
the same way like Atlona. You counntect your AV receiver and projector to that box.
AV Receiver to Input HDMI slot and projector to output.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Happy New Year all

On the topic of the original poster (Guillaume Le Mener), Optoma have kindly agreed to take a second look, and requested from me a video of my symptoms (which I believe match the original poster) , here is that video:
I used info from this thread…. Hopefully I've not missed something trivial! I assume rest of ya get same thing?

I'm joining you in frustration guys.
I'm the not-so-proud owner of both Optoma CinemaX P2 AND Yamaha RX-V6a.

Have the same flicker issue when switching inputs.

I opened both Yamaha and Optoma tech support tickets for the issue, using this video(thanks btw).

I hope to get a reasonable answer from them.
I refuse to accept I spent 4K for this setup and there isn't a solution.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I opened both Yamaha and Optoma tech support tickets for the issue, using this video(thanks btw).
After so many tickets they need to react...

New optoma firware today (version C15.4). I don't know if it changes something ...
Sadly, nothing important in Change log. Downloading was really long and I couldn't finish it...
But in Change log was something about stability of Optoma App and Info Wall changes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Sorry to report the upgrade did not go well for me and now I'm unable to power on my Optoma at all... Does anyone know a power cycle sequence or reset sequence based on power buttons?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry to report the upgrade did not go well for me and now I'm unable to power on my Optoma at all... Does anyone know a power cycle sequence or reset sequence based on power buttons?
That same problem, but I wasn't able to power it down (lucky me)............. It that case set it back to facotry settings and don't install any updates till they fix it.

Optoma REALLY? Handshake no solution and now broken updates!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My P2 keeps prompting me to download a firmware update (C07.1), but based on the comments here I'm very reluctant to do so...

Any updates on this? Anyone else having issues with the latest P2 update?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My P2 keeps prompting me to download a firmware update (C07.1), but based on the comments here I'm very reluctant to do so...

I would continue to avoid the update as the results have not been satisfactory. I am holding off as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Updated without any issues..

The only thing.. Alexa integration seems broken afterwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No issue here either with the P2 download. If anything, it appears to have improved the handshake issue somewhat as I have been able to get through two UHD blu rays one w/ DTS:X and the other w/ Atmos so long as I don't pause them/change the input, etc..
3d is still not working though via the Denon and only by direct connect to the PJ.
I believe those w/ updating issues had the P1 Cinemax version.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Optoma support tried as best they can to help me remotely, but the unit won't start anymore. RMA process started, unit going to their support center... too bad.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts