AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Optoma 753 in January for HT use, on the grounds that it was the projector that best fit my criteria of (1) being under $5000 street price including the screen and accessories, (2) DLP technology (my living room is small and my intended distance of 1.5x screen width would almost certainly make LCD screendoor very perceptible), and (3) quiet fan, since the PJ would be placed behind me rather than in front (at 32db it's about as quiet as it gets for my money).

On paper it seemed perfect for my needs, especially with the touted 800:1 contrast ratio. I could find very few references to the picture quality so I was a bit nervous. After receiving it, and using it with the Da-Lite HCCV screen, I am quite satisfied with my choice.

I just noticed that Optoma has an "upgrade trade-in" program advertised on their website. I'm not going to ditch my 753 after just a few months of use, but I can always think about a year or so down the road.

Shortly after I got the 753 Optoma announced, then released, the H55. It looks very, very similar, except that it is "specifically designed for Home Theater". Which means what?

I also heard rumor of an H76 coming towards the end of the year -- which will have what?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.