AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay² /forum/post/18232892

Look nice.. its crazy how these "home theater" projectors keep getting brighter and brighter..

Yeah, 3,000.. wow.. at 150" in my room, with the PJ 20ft back, thats a whopping 45fL!

With poor light control though.. should i get a Grey or White Screen? this PJ has 2200:1 Contrast.. only down side there..

·
Registered
135 Posts
looks great on paper... I knew there would be something else that would come out after jumping the gun and buying the VS18000

·
Registered
4,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePill /forum/post/18234290

Yeah, 3,000.. wow.. at 150" in my room, with the PJ 20ft back, thats a whopping 45fL!

With poor light control though.. should i get a Grey or White Screen? this PJ has 2200:1 Contrast.. only down side there..

I'm sure it will be very bright, but I hope you realize that it won't actually be anywhere near 3000 lumens once it's even halfway calibrated. So, good luck with 45FL.

Gray screen is superior in ambient light than white. Curved silver is the best though unless you can afford a Black Diamond II.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudda_Kine /forum/post/18239823

Great! I think i've found the projector to replace my HD66 with. Returning my hd66 tomorrow lol.

Why does amazon.com say it's only 1024x768??

http://www.amazon.com/Optoma-EH1020-...outThisProduct

That line on Amazons page is the ONLY place, ANYWHERE that says 1024x768.. Optoma's own Literature and everywhere else on the web says 1920x1080.. So that must be a Typo on Amazon's part.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTyson /forum/post/18245842

I'm sure it will be very bright, but I hope you realize that it won't actually be anywhere near 3000 lumens once it's even halfway calibrated. So, good luck with 45FL.

Gray screen is superior in ambient light than white. Curved silver is the best though unless you can afford a Black Diamond II.

True.. it will knock it down.. but i would rather start with 3,000 lumens to begin with and go down from there.

And.. i know im going to get stabbed to death here by the mob, but im more of an audiophile than a Videophile.. Ive been happily using an Optoma ep749 (1024x768 dlp) for years.. I just want something 1080p and 16:9 now..

So with a 2200:1 Contrast, you think an Elite Cinegrey is a good choice?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The user's manual on Projector Central indicates that it's got a laser pointer built into the remote control, which strongly suggests that it's designed for business use. There's also only one HDMI port, while the HD20 has two.

I was hoping that this would turn out to be a "3D HD20" (just like the HD66 was essentially a 3D upgrade of the HD65). The high brightness would make sense for a 3D projector, since it reduces brightness so much. Unfortunately this doesn't appear to be the case; it's more like a HD20 that's been adjusted slightly for business use.

Amazon has it listed for $1022.99, which is a very nice price - much the same as the HD20. If you need a lot of light at a low price, it's very attractive.

·
Registered
308 Posts
That's what I'm thinking.. that this is an HD20 with more power.

I'm still looking at several different options, and this now clearly enters the picture.. so many options out there to find what I'm after...

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The DLP's for HT use are generally modified business projectors, hence the lacking lens adjustments, long throw, and so on.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Donald:

I'm interested in your look at differences. The way it seems this should be just fine for the purpose I'm after (the 22' outdoor theater) and I'm thinking this might be bright enough to adequately fill the screen. Last year, I used a HD20 on a 16', and it was adequate. But I'm thinking this may be more ideal.

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
2x color wheel
done

1 - 18 of 18 Posts