AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started having issues with the projector not wanting to power up and going into blinking Red LED mode with Check Lamp light. When I could get the projector to come on it would make some noise and near the end the display would start flickering different colors and then go back to working normal.

It finally stopped power on so I took the projector down and opened it up. The color wheel is very hard to get to as it is held in place by a few screws and two of them are soldered in place but I was able to remove the optical sensor on top of the color wheel, after rotating the wheel around I found that the black paint that triggers the sensor was mostly peeled off but still had about half of it on but a section was peeled up enough to scrap thus the strange noise I was hearing from the projector. So I scrapped off the rest of the paint and re-painted the rectangle that on the wheel that the sensor reads and put it all back together and fired it up and it is a good as new.

So if anyone else out there comes across this problem don't get discouraged and think you projector is shot and that you need to buy a new one. Just remove the cover (6 screws) and then remove the optical sensor of the color wheel (1 screw) and rotate the wheel and look for the black marking or lack there of. Then remove any of the flaking paint and repaint it (I used acrylic paint) and put it back together and you will be good to go with just the cost of some black paint (less then a cent).

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

-DK

·
Registered
37 Posts
Started having issues with the projector not wanting to power up and going into blinking Red LED mode with Check Lamp light. When I could get the projector to come on it would make some noise and near the end the display would start flickering different colors and then go back to working normal.

It finally stopped power on so I took the projector down and opened it up. The color wheel is very hard to get to as it is held in place by a few screws and two of them are soldered in place but I was able to remove the optical sensor on top of the color wheel, after rotating the wheel around I found that the black paint that triggers the sensor was mostly peeled off but still had about half of it on but a section was peeled up enough to scrap thus the strange noise I was hearing from the projector. So I scrapped off the rest of the paint and re-painted the rectangle that on the wheel that the sensor reads and put it all back together and fired it up and it is a good as new.

So if anyone else out there comes across this problem don't get discouraged and think you projector is shot and that you need to buy a new one. Just remove the cover (6 screws) and then remove the optical sensor of the color wheel (1 screw) and rotate the wheel and look for the black marking or lack there of. Then remove any of the flaking paint and repaint it (I used acrylic paint) and put it back together and you will be good to go with just the cost of some black paint (less then a cent).

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

-DK
Rb ye

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts