AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new in this forum.

I tried to look for information in this forum about the following issue and i haven't found an answer.

first of all the specifications of the pc that i'm using are vga 5970, q9300 processor, 6ghz ram, optoma zd101 glasses, optoma gt720 projector, hdmi 1.4. By now i've been using the projector with the software iz3d, ttt, tru3d and some others. I really don't know what to do, it doesn't show me anything in 3d, i don't know what the problem is, i called directly to optoma and they say the following "that i needed to get an nvidia vga and the 3d vision glasses" I think that it is very stupid that they say that because then what are they glasses for?

I would like to know what do I have to do to watch the 3d using the glasses that i got (zd101), I can't play games or to watch movies in 3d.

I already activated the resolution in 720p in 3d mode, they said that atomatically turning on the glasses and activating the 3d i would see the 3d.

I would like to know if anybody can help me.

Thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
The projector should work well with nVidia out of the box. However, all is not lost for Ati owners from what I have seen. Do some Googling for "ati gt700" or "ati gt720". Perhaps "catalyst projector" or other similar things. A coule days ago I was reading about someone who was able to use this project with an ATI solution, but no longer have the link. It was a few people in a forum, perhaps at the amd/ati site.

Here is some info from Optoma's site:

Q3: What are the minimum computer requirements to display 3D content?

Operating system: Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32 bit), XP (32 bit) SP2 or equivalent. CPU: Intel® Core2, Duo and higher required. Required: 1GB memory or higher (2GB recommended). 1GB hard disk space. Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce® - GPU required: GeForce GT 240 or equivalent; GeForce 9800 GT or equivalent; GeForce 8800 GTS or equivalent. NVIDIA driver version R191.00 or equivalent. Software: DirectX® 9.0c or equivalent; Windows Media Player 11 or equivalent. For content rendered in OpenGL format (e.g. EON Reality, Stereoscopic Player), the PC must have a quad buffered graphics card to work with a 3D projector. If the content is natively frame sequential (HQFS DVD), no special hardware is required. These are only SDTV quality.

Q6: What format must the 3D content be in?

The content must be supplied in a frame-sequential (stereoscopic) format with a refresh rate of 120Hz, for resolutions of 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x720. Select models include 3D support for SDTV signals (480i @60Hz), for viewing high quality field sequential (HQFS) DVD titles - the projector will up convert these to 120Hz in real-time to enhance your viewing experience.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Until recently, only the nvidia kit worked with the optoma projectors (or any of the 120hz projectors), so what they're telling you isn't really incorrect per se, just out of date.

To work with nvidia, you did need the full kit (with glasses), since you can't buy the emitter without the glasses, and the driver won't turn on without the emitter. Once the emitter was connected to the pc and 3d was enabled you could then use dlp link glasses, but nvidia won't let the driver work without the emitter for whatever reason.

Now, however, tridef and iz3d both work with the latest ATI catalyst drivers. I've never done tridef, just iz3d, but here's how it works:

-First, you need the absolute latest catalyst version, released a few weeks ago. It adds quad buffer functionality that is required for 3d function on ATI cards.

-Next, you need the latest iz3d driver (1.12, I think?)

-Set your display mode to 1280x720, and set the refresh rate to 120hz. This has to be 120hz to work - iz3d is reputedly working on getting other refresh rates working (I'd love a 96hz mode!), but is not working yet.

-Set your iz3d driver to 120hz shutter mode (beta) and enable (or enable by hotkey if you want to turn it on & off).

If that doesn't get you working, give some specific detail - what games are you trying, what exactly is it doing, are you getting error messages, do the 3d on/off hotkeys do anything at all, etcetcetc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
something weird happened yesterday that i finally could see the 3d, i really dont know how to callibrate it but there was a moment when i could see the green person with the iz3d, but when i played the games i couldnt see the games in 3d they actually crashed.

What can i do? is the calibration or what's going on in there? there's no support for ati?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Randomly, as I box up my GT700 for RMA...

Is it only the GT700's that need firmware updates for the NVIDIA 3D to work or does that include the GT720's as well? I also asked on the RMA form for them to swap out my GT700 for a new GT720 considering the thing's never been plugged in and has zero hours logged.

I figured there was a snowballs chance in Fremont, CA for that to happen but in terms of PR, it would be awesome because it wasn't until the bugger thing was shipped to me that I realized that there actually was a GT720 - of which I still don't cannot find a retailer - and it wasn't just a mash-up of model number and resolution.

Either way, I suppose the GT720 doesn't need the firmware update to support 3D then..?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont get the firmware, i dont get how u update it, the problem that i see here i'm thinking its not the projector but that there doesnt exist a support for the vga ati since manually i added a folder of reggedit wich helped me to watch the 3d, i could see the green person(iz3d software) with the spear on 3d but once i started the game left 4 dead 2 it crashed once and again and the COD 4 i saw the guns crossed one over another and very separated and i couldnt configurate it

·
Registered
179 Posts
Per Optoma, the "firmware" update for the nvidia 3d vision support can only be performed in their facility. I was told that the service center had swapped several hardware components when I got mine done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts