AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Optoma GT750 (it came with Optoma RF glasses) almost specifically to play Street Fighter IV and other fighting games on. Many reviews touted the zero input lag feature and it's been wonderful for fighting game tournaments at a local bar.

The problem comes about when I attempt any of the 3D features. Firstly, the problems I have with my PS3 setup. I live in an apartment and have limited space, so I've been testing this at about 60' on a white wall (I realize this is less than ideal but I didn't really buy this for home use). My 3D sources are limited. I downloaded a 3D Uncharted 3 Trailer from PSN and I own Mortal Kombat 9. The Uncharted trailer always seems to appear very blurred when it attempts 3D. Mortal Kombat 9 is hit or miss, sometimes like in the menus or during a fatality its great but many of the stage backgrounds can appear blurred and jarring like the Uncharted 3 trailer. I will buy a 3D Bluray tonight and try that. I found it rather funny that the cheapest 3D Bluray is actually the sports illustrated photo shoot but ok whatever works.

Secondly, I cannot for the life of me seem to connect any of my computers to the projector and get it to acknowledge a 3D source. My desktop has an Nvidia 275 GTX (supported by Nvidia 3D Vision). My laptop has an AMD 6620G (supported by AMD HD3D). Both are fully capable of outputting 3D but it seems like the projector itself is not supported by any of the drivers these companies provide or sell (but the older projector models were). Is there a work around? If I could have anything be in 3D I would want it to be my PC games so I could invite my father over to try the racing games.

I heard 3D can cause headaches but I was unaware 3D would be giving me so many headaches prior to actually functioning. If more details or pictures would be helpful I can provide them as necessary.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Re: PS3. Are you getting a 3D signal to the projector? If you're using the RF emitter and have powered up your RF glasses the LEDs should go from red to green. My next guess is that the 3d sync is messed up. Goto the DISPLAY - 3D menu and try reversing the sync that it is set to. I just got a GT750 and setting it up with my PS3 was a breeze. If that doesn't work try to redo the PS3 Settings->Display and use auto config. It should come up with the 3d outputs resolution modes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also having the same issue here.

My GT750 recognizes the 3D on my Xbox 360 without a problem, but when I plug my PC through HDMI it simply won't let me choose a 3D mode (I press the button on the remote and nothing happens).

Since my PC is sending a regular Side by Side image, the projector should be able to transform it into 3D without the need of anything extra.

Does anyone know a way to "force" my projector to go into 3D mode?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
as for 3d try tridef 3d 14 day evaluation . just put it on mine great with games that are supported by tridef

nvidia dont want free 3d on there cards hence can only be used if you got 3d vision RF emmiter.

3d on most bd /ps3 is good better then tv led or plazma

i have noticed with pc 3d you haveto manually set the gt750 to 3d sbs to getit to work oh and have it in the correct resulution as 120hz is requied (720)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts