AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey all,

New to the forum, but been heavily researching projectors for quite some time. I just did all of my measurements this week and I have the mounting ability for a 100" electric projector, can't fit a 120" because i have a door that leads to the outside. 

With my projector size settled I was onto a projector. I really like the idea of 3400 lumens and the 3ft 9 in throw distance to my 100" viewing area. The basement was built in the 1970s and has drywall ceiling tiles and i dont think it cant support a ceiling mount. The room is rectangular shaped. My couch can be moved from its current position of 11ft viewing distance to as close as I need to be and as far back at 16 feet (i have a dart board mounted in the back of the room).

I currently have the room wired for 7.1 in surround sound and have 2 32" tvs mounted on the wall and will be using heavy duty shelf brackets with 10 in clearance for the screen to descend correctly in front of those mounted tvs. 

What I want to know is, can I just place the projector on a coffee table the recommended 3 ft 9 inches from the screen and still be able to enjoy watching it from my current couch position of 14 ft, I will be playing video games, and probably wii game or two or using kinect. 

Thanks for your help! I searched everywhere for an answer before posting, so if I missed the thread this is answered in my apologies. 

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now with the 112% offset what I am assuming is the center of my projector lense is 12 inches from the bottom of the screen. My bottom of my screen will be 42 inches from floor. Does that mean if im table mounting I need to mount it on a 30inch table?

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
112% of height, really just 12% of height. So, a 50" tall screen would have 6" of offset.

If you have ceiling tiles, you can typically remove them and see what's behind them for support if you are interested in ceiling mounting. The only reason to use ceiling tiles is so that you have access to the ceiling above, and if that's the case, then you can definitely ceiling mount if you want and care to put in the effort.

All measurements are to center of lens, nowhere else. So, if the bottom of the screen is 42" from the floor, then the center of the lens must be 36" from the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts