AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the LT240K worth the extra money over the H30? I'm assuming the LT240k is true HDTV as opposed to the H30, is that correct? I've had the X1 and would like the next step up. Don't get me wrong, the X1 is great but I'd like higher resolution.

I can't take it anymore, I need to s**t or get off the pot already!

Please help!!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
h30 is the same res as the x1. The 240k has higher resolution but the h30 has a better and faster color wheel. If you want higher resolution go for the 240k you might want to wait till you hear some reviews for the benq 6200.

as for true hdtv res neither of them are true 720p nor true 1080p, but the 240k will get you closer to both then the h30.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The H30 won't be an upgrade as far as resolution is concerned. It has the same resolution as the x1, but it's chief advantage is that it's designed as a home theater projector, it has a 4x color wheel w/out the white segment.

The NEC, while not true HD will have higher resolution. I believe it's a 1024x768 panel. The true HD chips have a resolution of at least 1280x720.

Many people are waiting on the Benq pb6200, which is also a 1024x768 panel, with a 3x color wheel, expected to sell for $1599, which included a spare bulb after mail in rebate.

There are many good reports about the Benq 6100, hopefully the PB6200, can be the poor man's Lt240/260, at a lower price.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I didn't mean to echo velvetpoet's reply. He just beat me to the punch, by a couple of minutes, so much for knowing how to type.

I for one am waiting to here reviews on the Benq pb6200 which is supposed to be released at the end of the month.

·
Registered
476 Posts
hey im glad someone else agrees with me =) I went for the h30, because the lower res doesnt really bother me as much as good pq. It was hard though knowing for 400 dollars more i could increase the res but i figure i went the cheapo route in the first place because i plan on upgrading when hgiher res models become cheaper or a nice 1080p machine hits under 5k.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm, the Benq 6200, any specs on this machine? How will it compare to the other models I've mentioned?

Thanks-

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Between the H30 and the LT240K... The LT240K is the better choice.

You can always wait... but that can turn into a "wait for the next PJ"... and then the next one... and the next one. There will always be something better around the corner. If you don't mind waiting... wait. If you want something now... go with the 240K.

Good luck.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i know I'm new around here but i have to question how the 240k is clearly the better machine. How can you not take into account the color wheel and speed? i would think as with most projector choices both have their own trade offs.

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
If you don't have a problem with rainbows then the 240K is the better PJ.

IMHO. The resolution along is enough of a reason...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:
i know I'm new around here but i have to question how the 240k is clearly the better machine. How can you not take into account the color wheel and speed?
Color wheel and speed are of less value if your not sensitive to rainbows.

The 240k is the better machine IMO. Here's why...

- 1024x768 native resolution with a UXGA 1600x1200 max resolution

- 2000 lumens

- 2000:1 Contrast ratio

- Sealed optics (means no dust)

- Instacare service from NEC (which is phenomenol in my experience as an lt150 owner as well).

- deadly silent

PQ is absolutely stunning for the price (and I've seen quite a few PJ's). Now...on the other hand if your sensitive to rainbows than the H30 has the edge. Thank God I'm not sensitive to rainbows. ;)

Herm

·
Registered
476 Posts
Doesn't color wheel effect color saturation as well? Also disabling the white segment drops lumen's considerably. Higher resolution is certainly better im just wondering if the decision is really as black and white as being stated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Herman
Color wheel and speed are of less value if your not sensitive to rainbows.

The 240k is the better machine IMO. Here's why...

- 1024x768 native resolution with a UXGA 1600x1200 max resolution

- 2000 lumens

- 2000:1 Contrast ratio

- Sealed optics (means no dust)

- Instacare service from NEC (which is phenomenol in my experience as an lt150 owner as well).

- deadly silent

PQ is absolutely stunning for the price (and I've seen quite a few PJ's). Now...on the other hand if your sensitive to rainbows than the H30 has the edge. Thank God I'm not sensitive to rainbows. ;)

Herm
Believe you me, all the above mean absolutely NOTHING, if you are sensitive to rainbows and a 2x color wheel PJ will be rainbow city for those that are.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Believe you me, all the above mean absolutely NOTHING, if you are sensitive to rainbows and a 2x color wheel PJ will be rainbow city for those that are.
You are absolutely right. But if you are not sensitive to rainbows than there really is no comparison between these two PJ's.....IMHO.

Herm

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Quote:
You are absolutely right. But if you are not sensitive to rainbows than there really is no comparison between these two PJ's.....IMHO
What's not getting across here? Herman and I have both stated that "IF" rainbows are not a problem then the 240K is the obvious choice.

Trust us. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.