AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried to post about 6 shots but only the last one listed in the post is displayed. I will keep trying to post the others.

Dr. Rob

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New screen shots have been uploaded to the Members photo gallery. Please go there to view them. I do not know how to link them here. Search by user ID Dr. Rob to see the shots.

Since this is the first time I attempted screen shots can someone comment on quality and how I can improve on this.

Thanks,

Dr. Rob

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Tripod, highest ASA setting that your camera supports, disable flash, freeze the picture, take image at sitting spot.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Huey.

I will try again once I purchace a prog scan DVD player. I understand that you prefer the Panny RP56. I am considering this or the Toshiba 4700/5700.

This will probalby take a couple of weeks.

Thanks again.

Dr. Rob

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Tosh has chroma bug, decent progressive, but better audio. RP56 lacks coaxial digital audio out and average audio. Video wise RP56 (actually the RP62 should be out now for same or less price--$156 at Ecost but out of stock) is king for the sub $300 PJ due to Faroudja's chip. JVC is pretty good too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dr. Rob:

Do a search in the DVD player/Hardware section of AV Forum. Type in Panasonic RP-91. This is the preferred DVD player over Panasonic RP56 by general concensus. It may be in it's newest incarnation under a new model #. Even so, the newest version would be, presumably, even better. It costs more than the RP56 but it is worth it. In Home Theater picture quality is everything.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dr. Rob

I dont believe you need a Prog player with this unit.It suppose to have a

great deinterlacer in it/3:2 pulldown ect.....Buy a great interlaced player w/

component out.....save your money.....

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.