Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

First post here - just moved to the US from the UK, and need to setup my home cinema again.

I'm considering an Optoma H79 or an 77.

I'm sure either would be an upgrade from what I used to run (Sony VPLW400QM), but questioning if the difference in price between the two Optomas is worth it?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
404 Posts
Paul, welcome to the forum. You may want to look into the H78DC3 which is actually a re-badged H79. The price difference between the H77 and H78DC3 is about a grand. Having had both the H77 and H79, I believe the H78DC3/H79 is worth the extra money over the H77 (no horizontal pan issue and significantly brighter). If you are on a tight budget, the H77 is still a heck of a bargain for the price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I aggree here, I'm one of the lucky ones to nab a 77 after the price drops but if my wife had already got the job that she started today I probably wouldve waited a month or two and picked up an h78dc3.

On that note, I am extremely satisfied with the H77 and probably would be still, even if the H78 wasnt out and it sold for the H78 price. That being said, I am running it on a highpower dalite which could contribute to my satisfaction level.

I am almost completely content, though I will be sending in my 77 when I am out of town for 2 weeks for the pan upgrade if it is officially avail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.