AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting the PS3 in the very near future and just wanted to prepare myself with regards to settings. I know the H78 only has DVI input, but I think I remember reading that it accepted video inputs similar to an HDMI input. That is, it can accept both YCbCr and RGB. I also remember hearing that it could accept 720p 48hz, but can't recall if it could accept 24hz and don't know if the PS3 can output 24hz in 720p anyway.

Can anyone help me with these questions

Thanx in advance

p.s. The PS3 just keeps getting better and better. I was at first a little hesitant to get it as a Blu Ray player, but now am very confident. I really don't think there is any better Blu Ray player out there and certainly not for even twice the price. Now if they could only update the firmware to accept all the remote codes through the USB ports and the DTS issue

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have the H77 which has similar controls and settings I believe. The H77 can indeed take either RGB or YCrCb over DVI. I have set up my PS3 to send DVD/BR-DVD output in YCrCb format and it works just fine. However, the PS3 cannot auto detect this and the H77 does not auto detect either. Thus, I have to set both the PS3 and the H77 to YCrCb. Unfortunately, when playing games on the PS3, it only sends RGB, so I have to manually set the H77 back to RGB for games.

The PS3 will only send 1080p @24 fps as far as I know, not 720p.

Ira

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx a bunch. I won't be using games very often so it sounds like it will work well for me. Now if I could only think of an elegant remote control solution. I love my Harmony 880 and there only seems to be half *ss ways of using it right now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
gobrigavitch,

After the 1.8 update, the PS3 IS awesome in a lot of ways that I believed lots of AVS members have pointed out. I connected the PS3 to the H79 with an HDMI-DVI cable + adapter + monoprice 4x1 switch. I set the PS3 to output Full RGB and it has worked out great for me.

DG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

Did you succeed to connect your PS3 to the Optoma H78 in HDMI ?

We can only vizualize PS3 output on the VP (Optoma H78) in composite?

If we replace physically the VP with a flat plane + HDMPI/DVI-I connector (from the VP) HDMI works fine from the PS3.

Any help ?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.