AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does AVS carry the h78 or just the h79? Im going to purchase in the next day or so, but want a respectable dealer if not AVS.

Andy

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Alas we do not at the moment. This may be a short run piece, and they only have a small number of dealers at the moment. I mainly sell the H79 at the moment.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I am also ready to buy an h78 and it looks like Projector People who are AVS sponsers also have the 78.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Yes both ProjectorPeople and VisualApex have them. Pricing is essentially the same. They are both very reputable places and good customer service to boot.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Just ordered my H-78 from Visual Apex....and they assured me if there were any initial problems with it, they would swap it out for another.

Can't wait to fire it up on Friday night with my new "sets the bar" reference transfer.....Sin City :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had been looking at BenQ 7700, but the more I read about the H78 the more I liked it. I have read where it is likely to be a limited release, do you think it will still be available late in the year?

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsufan
I had been looking at BenQ 7700, but the more I read about the H78 the more I liked it. I have read where it is likely to be a limited release, do you think it will still be available late in the year?
Hard to say. If sales are strong with it, hopefully they'll decide to keep it as a model. We'll probably know more after Cedia.

·
Central Scrutinizer
8,301 Posts
Quote:
....and they assured me if there were any initial problems with it, they would swap it out for another
Did they volunteer that? Are there a lot of out of box factory defects that would prompt such an offer?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel
Did they volunteer that? Are there a lot of out of box factory defects that would prompt such an offer?
No....I asked because I had never dealt with them before....just being cautious is all.

I have bought fp's with initial defects before...so its always nice to be reassured.

I found the 78 a bit cheaper at an authorized dealer ...and they matched the price also...so kudos to them.

I would have bought from them or PP either way as there both AVS sponsers and legit dealers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I purchased the H78 from Visual Apex. Great dealer. Great projector. Superbit looks especially good on it. HDDVD/Blueray DVD should be outstanding. Avia tune up is essential once you set it up.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietman
I purchased the H78 from Visual Apex. Great dealer. Great projector. Superbit looks especially good on it. HDDVD/Blueray DVD should be outstanding. Avia tune up is essential once you set it up.

Yep...out of the box I prefer my Infocus 4805 but after some adjustments....I really like the picture with its extra contrast and deeper blacks and better resolution ect.

Mine seems dim in comparison to the 4805 though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.