AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am offering a one-of-a-kind customized combination of an Optoma H79 with a Mocom 20 gain curved 87"x49" screen near Seattle. This screen is a little hard to ship and I would like a purchaser to come see the combination, so I am limiting this to local sale only. To my eyes the Mocom 20 gain screen is similar to the SilverStar, except curved in both the vertical and horizontal directions to give higher gain. This high gain screen would normally result in very bright images, but I use the high gain to allow me to modify the projector to give very high contrast ratios at lower lumens output, while still maintaining ft-lamberts within a desireable range off the screen. In other words, a combination of contrast ratios that cannot be matched with any currently available commercial projector. I have spent a considerable amount of time learning how to best customize this projector and I can do some tuning within a range based on what a purchaser desires. In the range of 6000:1 on/off CR and 600:1 ANSI CR from the projector with images that are over 12 ft-lamberts off this screen, while maintaining balanced colors, is one possible result.

This Mocom screen retails for $3500 and I am also including a stand I got with it.

The $7800 is for both the projector and screen, since they go together.

--Darin

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.