AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a newbie to projectors but have been researching them off and on for over a year. I have been impressed with the specs on the H79 and am 95% sure I am going to buy it.

However, the other night while watching football (pre-season scrimages), there were 2 games on TV that I wanted to watch, so I turned on my PIP. Well this made me think about the project I am contiplating on purchasing.

Does the H79 provide a PIP function?

If not, is there a comparable projector to the H79 (quality and cost) that may offer this feature?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

MJ

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't believe the H7* series have any PIP or POP. I think the Benq's offer this, not sure which others do. Unless the 8720 is released soon you would take a few steps down going to a 7700.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
I dont think the Optoma does it, so it really depends on how much you love PIP. Aside from that, the 79 will give you everything you will need and want in a picture

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all for your assistance. I will need to evaluate the BenQ models then decide how important the PIP is to me.

Thanks again!

Mj

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Very few projectors have the PIP feature. The H79 does not. There are some outboard processors that will do that but not sure they are worth it for this feature alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.