AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found this projector that specs out to be HD70. When I call Optoma in uSA they said they dont have it on file. Optoma CA says they will call me back. Im just wondering what bulbs it uses and the part number. Is the bulb the same as HD70? The ANSI is supposively 1100 on HD32 but 1000 HD70 whats with that? ANyone have an HD32?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
woot says

features:

Native 720p High Definition DLP home theater projector

Bright 1000 lumens with 4000:1 contrast ration (with ImageAI)

Native widescreen with a 16:9 aspect ration

ImageAI technology adjusts light intensity output to deliver remarkable contrast levels

Whisper quiet at 28db to ensure quiet operation

Incorporates BrilliantColor color processing technology for vivid images and amazing color clarity

Specifications:

Brightness: 1100 ANSI lumens

Contrast ratio: 4000:1 in ImageAI mode, 3000:1 full on/full off

feature 1000 lumens and specs says 1100 lumens ?

so does this mean specs are wrong it actually is 1000 lumens. Im about to buy one for cheap but I dont know if the bulb is the same model as HD70. I believe it is a hd70 just rebadged if I understand this correctly and Ive heard macs load them as HD70s. I just need clarification on the bulb before I buy it. I don't want to buy something that is going to be a pain to source a bulb. Thanks from the DLP noob

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
It's the same machine. Who knows why the specs are bouncing between 1000 and 1100; those are blown out numbers anyway!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya really driving me crazy with the bulb I call CA optoma and they say I'll call you back and they do but with no information. Im just trying to find out who has replaced a bulb on HD32 and what part or parts number was it. And if it is rebadged then the bulb that Optoma USA sells should work right? The power was said to be 230v thats why more lumens may be present so would that put more stress on the bulb or does the power stick to normal in the United states since the electric sockets are at a set voltage?

·
Registered
318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnk0006 /forum/post/0

ya really driving me crazy with the bulb I call CA optoma and they say I'll call you back and they do but with no information. Im just trying to find out who has replaced a bulb on HD32 and what part or parts number was it. And if it is rebadged then the bulb that Optoma USA sells should work right? The power was said to be 230v thats why more lumens may be present so would that put more stress on the bulb or does the power stick to normal in the United states since the electric sockets are at a set voltage?

The HD32 is a Costco model.... they take common models such as the HD72 and sell their own version of it called the HD6800. This is done so Costco doesn't get in trouble from other vendors for selling electronics for low prices and for various other legal reasons. I'm not sure which model the HD32 relates to... but it is most likely the HD70.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well bought the projector and hooked it up picture is amazing I used a MAC powerbook g4 with dvi to run dvi to vga for hd vides from apple and everything was great. Now Im picking up dvi d to hdmi cable to increase the clarity and see how much of a difference it makes. SD tv look decent as well using avermedia box 9 through vga so I think I may leave that alone for a while.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.