AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to watch a movie on my hd 65 which I bought new (not a refurbished) and installed ONE MONTH ago. The damn bulb failed!!! I did not abuse it. It is ceiling mounted so could not have been bumped. I'm gonna call optoma on monday. I hope and pray they are fair about it.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal112524 /forum/post/15448898

if you bought new from authorized dealer its probably got a 90 day bulb warranty.

I hoping for a 6 mo warranty. I bought it back in August but didn't install it till the week of thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
well that sucks.... you might have better luck going back to the authorized dealer especially if he is local. I hope that you are successful especially since you stayed specifically away from "refurbished" units for basically that reason..... kind of makes you wonder about the overall reliability. Please keep us posted on things.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling I'll be shelling out 375.00 for a replacement.

I can not believe something that costs 1/3 of the whole unit has a crappy warranty. One of the reasons I went with an authorized dealer (all be it online) was the lamp issue. I wonder what could have caused the early failure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also had a premature lamp failure on the 95th day of ownership. Lamp had a whooping 270 hrs. Thought the picture with the hd-65 was poor so went with epson 6100....much better picture and hopefully a much longer lamp life.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well they (optoma) is going to have me ship it to them and check it out.

They said it could be a unit defect that caused the premature lamp failure.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will be without it for a while but if they resolve the issue without having to shell out for a lamp it will be worth it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
IF they decide to replace your lamp, you can rest easy knowing you've got another 90 days
. I've had mine replaced for premature failure.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My lamp burst suddenly, with only 500 hours of use, in one year.

It should last at least 2,000 hours, but 500 hours? how can it be possible?

Peter

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm happy to report I got my 65 back today. All is well. The replaced the lamp driver and the bulb.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace5000 /forum/post/15669640

Mine went out within the first week of use...

Did they fix it under warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_bartman /forum/post/15606338

I'm happy to report I got my 65 back today. All is well. The replaced the lamp driver and the bulb.

Sorry guys, I know this is an old post, but hopfully Bartman is still on here

hey Bartman, I am have had the same problem. I am currently waiting to receive my projector (for the second time). This time they also mentioned to me that they replaced the lamp driver; have you had problems since they replaced that as well as the bulb? My projector bulb has been shot twice both times around the 200 hour mark.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts