AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I have a two part issue here.

First off, I had a Benq w600+. Loved the picture this thing threw but I had other issues with it (major light reflection being cast on the ceiling, from front of projector to screen , couldn't get it to jive with my vewisonic vipd1, no source lock, etc ....) so I just swapped it with a Optoma HD66, which has alleviated most of the secondary issues I had with the w600+ but, I can not for the life of me, get a good, consistent picture out of this thing. I know this projector is supposed to have weak/terrible out of the box settings, but is supposed to shine when tweaked. I have tried a ton of different suggestions from here in the forums, else where, and my own and I just can't get her dialed in. I can get a good image (but not what the W600+ threw) for a movie, or gaming, or web-surfing on the htpc, or tv, but I have to drastically change settings while going between all of those, there is not a happy medium I can set it two to get all of those in one setting (which I had zero issues with W600+: all I needed was one movie setting, one TV/gaming/website setting). I know everybody is different when it comes to what they see, but the HD66 received pretty favorable review next to the W600+, so I expected at worse a "push" or being "even", but all I'm getting is a massive downgrade in image. Is there anyone out there that can offer advice or head me in the right direction with setting or what not to get this thing view-able without spending 15 minutes adjusting in between sources?

And the second issue is with the vewisonic vp3d1. Ordered this thing in hopes to do 3d with my ps3 and htpc. I've tried everything to get this thing running and I can't get her to work. Following are the ways I had everything hooked up and could only get sbs 3d through HTPC with the W600+ , no PS3 3D or HTPC sbs with the HD66 (the HD66 3d menu is grayed out in all instances):

PS3 & HTPC -> Denon 1712 -> vp3d1 -> W600+/hd66 .

PS3 & HTPC -> vp3d1 -> Denon 1712 -> W600+/hd66 .

PS3 & HTPC -> vp3d1 -> W600+/hd66

(I've tried using five different 3D rate HDMI cables from three different companies.)

(On the PS3, for each above set-up I did try going through display setting -> video settings -> HDMI -> automatic but in each instance, the PS3 never sensed that it was hooked up to a 3d source)

At this point I'm guessing that it's either the PS3 or the vp3d1.

Again, if anyone could give some info/tips/suggestions in case I'm missing something before I RMA this vp3d1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that this is an old post, but I am curious to know what you found out. I saw that there was an update for the firmware on that projector that was supposed to make it work with the Optoma 3D-XL that may fix the problem that you were seeing. I have the VP3D1 and have not been able to get it to work with my TX615-3D at all though. Every time I turn on the 3D it makes the color wheel on the projector start spinning really fast and then projects a white screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.