AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

It's my first time i buy a projector. I'm interested for a lower budged 1080 projector, from a little search i had ordered the Optoma HD141X (was it a good choice?). After few day i was informed that it was out of stock and wouldn't be renewed, they made me a small offer for the Optoma GT1070X. I can buy the hd141x from other sites but i thought i might listen to experts like you. Now i want to ask which is better, i will to use it for indoor and out door. What about the ansi lumen would the 3000 from the hd141x better tahn the 2600 for the gt1070x? Than my problem now is the range, the gt1070 is short range 0,5-3,35m and the hd141x 1,5-10m. What is better? And for last if there would be a better projector you can recommend me for max 550-600 euros.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Weird that it wouldn't be renewed; it's a newer model.
The 141 is able to reach a brighter peak-white than the gt1070x, but neither one has very high color-lumens because of the non-RGB segments in their colorwheels..so neither is super bright in more accurate settings.

Which is better between the shorter or longer range depends on your personal needs. If you plan to ceiling-mount and don't need to work around anything, either will work and the longer throw 141 will be more forgiving.
However, because you also plan to use it outdoors, the shorter throw projector might be easier to use for simply setting on a low table in front of everyone.

A possible alternative that has better accuracy and brighter colors is the Benq w1070. It is somewhat of a shorter throw than the 141x, enough that it may also work on a short table in front outdoors. The problem is that it's likely above budget around 650euros at the lowest depending where you buy it. There's also a shorter throw version, the w1080, but it's probably 750e.

The gt1070x is likely the least expensive full 1080p short-throw projector available, so the price is hard to beat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird that it wouldn't be renewed; it's a newer model.
The 141 is able to reach a brighter peak-white than the gt1070x, but neither one has very high color-lumens because of the non-RGB segments in their colorwheels..so neither is super bright in more accurate settings.

Which is better between the shorter or longer range depends on your personal needs. If you plan to ceiling-mount and don't need to work around anything, either will work and the longer throw 141 will be more forgiving.
However, because you also plan to use it outdoors, the shorter throw projector might be easier to use for simply setting on a low table in front of everyone.

A possible alternative that has better accuracy and brighter colors is the Benq w1070. It is somewhat of a shorter throw than the 141x, enough that it may also work on a short table in front outdoors. The problem is that it's likely above budget around 650euros at the lowest depending where you buy it. There's also a shorter throw version, the w1080, but it's probably 750e.

The gt1070x is likely the least expensive full 1080p short-throw projector available, so the price is hard to beat.
Thank you. You were helpfull. But still i'm a bit confused. The other 2 you recommended are out of my bugded range. I guess short range would be for me better cause i will not mount it on the ceilling. So you say to go better for the 1070 and not the 141?

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
Thank you. You were helpfull. But still i'm a bit confused. The other 2 you recommended are out of my bugded range. I guess short range would be for me better cause i will not mount it on the ceilling. So you say to go better for the 1070 and not the 141?
Yes. I think the gt1070 will be a lot easier to use on the ground (short table) and the 141 would be much harder to use.

On a table, the long throw would make you want to have the 141 either behind your seat or on your lap..neither sounds as nice as using the gt1070. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts