AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an Optoma HD180 that produces no light. The lamp failure code is produced. Originally I suspected the bulb. After trying two brand new bulbs I realized the bulb was not to blame. After further researching online, I suspected the lamp ballast. I took the unit to a local repair shop and was told that not only was the lamp ballast bad, but the color wheel was as well. I planned on simply obtaining and replacing the ballast on my own and if it still didn't work I would get a new color wheel as well. I have since read online that a defective color wheel can prevent the ballast from starting. Is this true? Should I just order a color wheel as well?

Also, if anyone has a recommendation as to where to obtain either of these parts other than from Optoma, I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reviving an old thread, I pretty much have the same issue with an hd80, lamp doesn't turn on, there is a sort of whistling sound from the color wheel and after about 2 minutes the red lamp led comes on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts