AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've just come home from a trip and found that my Optoma HD20 appears to be broken.
When I turned it on, I don't get the usual Optoma logo, but instead the attached static broken by a black bar.
Prepared to replace - it's served me well since 2012 - but interested in what might have broken, and whether it can be repaired?

I had the 'vertical lines' issue a couple of years ago, which went away when I pushed on top of the bulb, I don't know if that's relevant?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Seems like DMD took a crap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. I see!
Is there anything I can do about that? Or anything further I can do to diagnose?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any other info that would be useful to gather to try and figure this out? Or is the proj done for?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
If your comfortable disassembling the projector reseating all of the connectors may cure your problem. Connectors are delicate and parts are broken easily so this is not a job for non technically inclined.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks very much! I've taken it apart once before, so while not an expert, I'd be happy to give that a go before buying a replacement. Cheers, I will report back!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fixed it! Thanks very much for the idea. I tore it down to below the main board and gave the Dmd/main board socket a good clean with some Servisol and reseated and it's back to its usual self. And I only damaged one ribbon connector holder and left one spare spacer on reassembly. £500 saved for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts