AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys.

I've tried searching this forums, and the internet to see if anyone else has experienced a problem with the default shipped HD20 remote control.

The projector itself is working fine, but no matter what I do, the projector doesn't recognize presses from the remote control.

I'm aware that the PJ has 2 IR receiving points, but I can't even power on/off the PJ with the remote.

I mean, the remote has batteries in there, and the backlit buttons are bright. At the press of buttons on the remote, the buttons flicker really fast as if it's sending an IR signal.

Anyone else experience this issue?

I have no idea if the RC is the problem or the PJ. I hope it's not the PJ.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same problem the HD20 appears to work fine but the remote has no effect. It worked fine for a few months but a few days ago it wouldn't respond when I tried to turn the projector on. I've replaced batteries and the lights come on strong. The projector works fine with the buttons on the unit but without a remote it's a real problem to reach up to turn it on and off because it's ceiling mounted and even slight pressure sometimes moves it slightly so it's not perfectly positioned on the screen. I was hoping to find remote codes. I have a few universal remotes but this one is hard to find so far. I'd like to know what caused this and how to fix the problem.

·
Registered
331 Posts
One way to test if signal is being emitted from the remote is to fire it off at something that can see IR and responds. For example, some receivers flicker when they see any IR signal, many IR distribution systems do the same with a signal light. Another option would be the Kinect calibration screen where it shows you the IR image it sees in the lower right hand corner.

If you have a harmony or any other kind of "learning remote" you can see if it learns any codes from training mode as well, of course that would solve your problem entirely, wouldn't it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a heck of a time getting my Harmony 890 to work with the HD20, but it's working now. I did notice that the original HD20 remote seems to have a wide LOS, as I had full functionality with it while the remote was pointed at my screen, in front of the HD20, a full 180 degrees from the IR receiver. However, about 30 degrees to either side, it would not work.

So I'm aware of the IR receiver location just to the lower left of the directional buttons, but where's the second?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my Optoma HD20 yesterday and am having remote problems. New batteries didn't solve it. It did actually work for 2 or 3 key presses one time, allowed me to turn on the projector and see the menu. After that, nada. Tried all angles and distances from the IR receiver.

I'll keep troubleshooting and provide an update as soon as I can...but was hoping someone else might have solved this already?

Has anyone been able to confirm if this problem is the remote vs. the projector?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmallwo_98
I just got my Optoma HD20 yesterday and am having remote problems. New batteries didn't solve it. It did actually work for 2 or 3 key presses one time, allowed me to turn on the projector and see the menu. After that, nada. Tried all angles and distances from the IR receiver.

I'll keep troubleshooting and provide an update as soon as I can...but was hoping someone else might have solved this already?

Has anyone been able to confirm if this problem is the remote vs. the projector?
It's the remote that is the problem. This exact thing is happening with us - just about to send the remote back. If you have a phone camera (tried mine with a blackberry curve), and point the remote to the camera, and press a button - if you don't see flickers of light coming from the IR sender, it doesn't work. (Try with a working remote so you know what to look for)

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not a remote issue for me, I have two remotes both are flashing fine in front of a camera and both work fine with my HD200x for 7 months, however on my HD230x neither work after a couple mins, although it seem's to be random when they stop working, They always work straight after power up though, It's either hardware or firmware of the projector, both the models I have mentioned use diff firmware, so it's hard to say which is the cause, but my bet would be firmware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts