AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does the title show any of my desperation in narrowing down these choices

What is the right choice for this gal on a tight budget? Which of these projectors is the least affected by the dreaded rainbow effect I read so much about and which of the three boasts best screen quality? I've been reading for many hours now but the information available isnt all that consistent so at the end of my desperation I've registered myself over here to hopefully get some more experienced views about this all

I've had one beamer so far, an Acer 1100 (800x600 native) and while it wasnt really that bad (back then it wasnt) it was prone to the rainbow effect and wasnt very pleasant with all movies because of it. The thing I'm not after is 3D as I couldnt care less about it, I just want a bright enough projection that is sharp as well as vibrant as well as contrasty enough for my movie needs.

I'd started out this little search with the quest for the Optoma HD600x-lv information but there isnt very much information available I must say.

Please someone with the right knowledge help me with this, many many thanks in advance!

Steph

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just ordered the BenQ MW512, tired of waiting, made up my mind based on the 6000 hours bulblife and low fan-noise level of the Benq.

Thanks for reading this anyway, hope someone will still reply in order to help other seekers.

xx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldnt find much about the Benq MW512 - 3D compatibilities - so I called Benq this afternoon to find out the following.

It should be compatible with Nvidia Vision though it isnt officially so and requires a hack in the shape of an identity emulation to work with it. Also according to Benq the beamer should only be compatible with Benq 3D DLP glasses which I allready knew to be untrue as I have seen reports from other endusers using different (other) brands of (shutter) glasses together with this particular projector quite succesfully. The requirement for a compatible Nvidia graphics card has been described to me as "it needs to be 120hz capable for it to be compatible".

Hope this information gets corrected or gets something essential added to it so that I and others with this particular projector may benefit from it.

I did not buy a projector for its 3D capabilities by the way, but because its 3D-ready anyway its best to know as much about it as there is to know.

Best regards, Stephanie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, for any potential buyers of this great little machine I'd have to say its a great peace of kit for the home theater movie geek, been running for about a few films allready now and its well worth the spend for me. The BenQ isnt a short throw projector though still its able to give me 200cm+ wide screen from about 3,5 mtrs away which is much larger than I'd would have expected, its optical zoom throws in another half a meter or so, great stuff and great image quality coming with it.

The only thing not to much to my liking is contrast during some scenes with a lot of backlighting but its all relative really, I've seen other projectors doing a lot worse in that particular area so its all good actually.

Hope to have left behind some usefull information for any potential buyer(s).

Cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Stephanie, I am also considering buying this model, I have even created a new thread to look for more information

If you have more feedbacks, please let me know
Benq MW512 is the maximum of my budget, wish if I could find something good and cheaper.

Karim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.