AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a suitable replacment for an Optoma HD65??

My bulb has exploded, and I love this unit so I think Id like to buy a bulb for it if I can afford it in this holoday season

Does anyone know of a quality bulb that can be had for a great price??

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Bought a replacement lamp this week. Considered replacing just the bulb, but realized the alignment was too critical to mess with. What a difference!

Beware of 2 things as you price search:

1. Flat out lies. Ad will clearly state that purchase includes both bulb and housing where in fact all they're selling is the bulb. Two calls to

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in canada so I cant buy from amazon

The link I posted for the ebay bulb I asked if it was a genuine optoma factory bulb and they replied with

"yes, it is factory bulb"

Good choice or bad?? Need some help from the experts

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
If you needed a pace maker to stay alive, would you buy it from someone selling on ebay?

Here is an OEM from a reputable site that I have used at just about the same cost as fleabay. Scroll to the bottom of that page, there is an international phone number so my guess is they ship to Canada.
http://www.provantage.com/optoma-bl-fs180c~7OPTO0CP.htm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes amazon gives rates for canada but when you go to check out it says the item is not available for shipment in your area, it only lets me buy dvds and limited electronics from the dont com site.

Is the bulb I posted no good? If it is good quality I like that I pay with credit card and its only 15 dollars to ship the canada.

But I want a good bulb

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Did you call Provantage? That is an OEM Optima lamp. You are not going to get a better price and if you want to pinch pennies don't be upset if you end up with a junk lamp that is not worth anything. Like I said, EBay is a gamble, you want to save money, don't gamble and buy form a real company and pay the price for knowing you won't have a problem.

Or buy from Ebay it's your money, you might get lucky!

·
Registered
94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/19630034

Did you call Provantage? That is an OEM Optima lamp. You are not going to get a better price and if you want to pinch pennies don't be upset if you end up with a junk lamp that is not worth anything. Like I said, EBay is a gamble, you want to save money, don't gamble and buy form a real company and pay the price for knowing you won't have a problem.

Or buy from Ebay it's your money, you might get lucky!

If you did a little research a lot of the sellers on ebay are real companies with their own websites.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand2 /forum/post/19632701

If you did a little research a lot of the sellers on ebay are real companies with their own websites.

Maybe so, but I will stick to the big boys for things like projector lamps. The question was asked, "is the one on EBay real?" I have no idea, but I can tell you the lamps sold by provantage are real. Unfortunately the OP says they don't ship where he lives. I am not sure why that is, seems silly to have an international phone number and not ship to Canada.. hell it's freaking attached!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.