AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this projector hooked to a dual core PC with a DVI to HDMI cable hooking them together. At the native resolution of 1280x720, there is a green dot about a foot up from the bottom & a foot from the right side of the picture. Therefore, it's not the same problem others had with a line on one side of the screen.

When I decrease the resolution, the dot (sometimes two) will appear at different places depending on the resolution. However, at higher than native resolution, the dot disappears. That sounds good except in high action sequences, the computer glitches and the video drags. Subsequently, the audio gets out of whack since the video drags. So, lower or higher resolution isn't a good option. Also, I played with the refresh rate and that didn't help.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this green dot? It's really annoying. I checked out Optoma's website and didn't see any firmware upgrades.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I have figured it out. It's the computer. Probably the video card. I will try a different one soon. The reason why I say that is I have hooked up a couple more sources (HD DVR & DVD player). Neither of them have any artifacts. Plus, the fact that changing screen resolutions changes the position of the dot.

Perhaps this may help someone in the future. Later on everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts