AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as anyone got any news on this?

Guitarman was very engaged and confirmed Optoma told him they were issuing one.... but I can't find any news on this? I would like to know if I need to buy the HD66 with my 3D-XL adapter when available or hopefully this firmware upgrade comes out

I think Optoma would make allot more money if they released the firmware as the sales of the 3D-XL adapter would sjy rocket with previous projector model owners

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
They just got one that works but won't be releasing it for a while. Yes they could sell allot more 3D-XL adapters, they sold a ton of HD65's. I liked the HD65 I tested, killer brightness and colors great for gaming.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply........ So they will release the firmwae though... and not for a while means what really a month 6 months 1 year? I am going to buy the 3d adaptor in Jan or Feb when it is released and i'm hoping i won't have to buy the HD66 as well (one more expense i don't need, if i can use my HD65)

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
They have it working but Sony sent a curve ball when COD B opps was 1080p so they're tweaking it for this game. Now that's one game I'd like to play in 3D.

They may be a little worried on how well users will be at loading a firmware. I'll be pushing telling them not to worry and let it rip. Probably around the same time the adaptor box is released.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls4ever7 /forum/post/19515617

So the hd65 will also be 3d like the hd66? Will the hd65 be able to play 3d bluray movies on the ps3? What other optoma versions are going to be 3d with the update?

If the HD65 gets the firmware update to make it 120hz (for 3D 60hz per eye) then yes it will play 3D movies via bluray/ps3 but ONLY with the Optoma 3D Adapter coming out in Jan 2011

·
Registered
269 Posts
Guitarman,

You are awesome for providing "inside" info on the HD65 upgrade to 3D! I have been asking this question every since the 3D-XL adapter was shown at CEDIA - Will the HD65 get a firmware upgrade to allow it to be used with the new 3D-XL? It seemed logical given the number of HD65s in the field and the ability to sell more 3D-XL units - however, the Optoma site doesn't list any units other than their current units as being compatible - not even the HD66. I know there was a fireware created before the HD66 was released, but then everyone said it was dead because the HD66 was out. In the end, Guitarman, can you confirm there IS a HD65 fireware upgrade to 120 hz that WILL be released at some point to allow it to be used with the 3D-XL? If so, this is GREAT news and will have HD65 owners anxiously awaiting any news on this firmware upgrade! But if you can at least confirm it is a matter of WHEN and not "if", that would be good news and give us HD65 owners something to look forward to.

Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve*MH /forum/post/19520115

Guitarman,

You are awesome for providing "inside" info on the HD65 upgrade to 3D! I have been asking this question every since the 3D-XL adapter was shown at CEDIA - Will the HD65 get a firmware upgrade to allow it to be used with the new 3D-XL? It seemed logical given the number of HD65s in the field and the ability to sell more 3D-XL units - however, the Optoma site doesn't list any units other than their current units as being compatible - not even the HD66. I know there was a fireware created before the HD66 was released, but then everyone said it was dead because the HD66 was out. In the end, Guitarman, can you confirm there IS a HD65 fireware upgrade to 120 hz that WILL be released at some point to allow it to be used with the 3D-XL? If so, this is GREAT news and will have HD65 owners anxiously awaiting any news on this firmware upgrade! But if you can at least confirm it is a matter of WHEN and not "if", that would be good news and give us HD65 owners something to look forward to.

Thanks.

Up higher in this thread Guitarman indicated that he was told by Optoma that there is a firmware and they will be releasing it. So i'm going to assume thats 100% guaranteed that its coming, how and when i do not know

·
Registered
554 Posts
Besides the 3D ability, what other benefits will this have for HD65 owners? I don't know if I will ever go the 3D route (ever meaning during the life of my HD65...) and the only gaming it is used for is Wii. Will the firmware improve sports or blu-ray viewing?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman /forum/post/19529950

Probably after that box is released which should work with a Optoma 120hz projector. I'll call in in a few weeks I don't like to pester my friend too much. Patience

guitarman ... can I assume there is at least one firmware upgrade available out there somewhere? I see no firmware info on the Optoma website. I have issues with my projector flashing/searching for input (only on Component, not on HDMI) when a flash of white occurs (ie: grenade near me in Halo ... uggg

I was hoping they had a firmware upgrade to correct this, but have been unable to find any firmware releases.

Also, on a side not ... has anyone replaced their bulb? I just reached 2000 hours. I see some bulbs available for $140 (ie: Amazon) as opposed to $300+ from optoma ... does it matter?

·
Registered
100 Posts
hi there just thought id ask if guitarman or anyone else for that matter has heard anymore regarding the possible firmare release? im getting impatient lol and am almost on the point of giving up and pulling the trigger on a panny or samsung plasma 3d set but would much rather be watching on my 65 on the big screen! i have a ps3 with the 3d upgrade so my only outlay would be for the 3d-xl converter. guess i could sell my 65 and buy a 66 and 3d-xl and still be cheaper than a 3d plasma but a firmware rls would solve all that and save a major hastle with changing my set up. fingers crossed for some news lol even if just to put the idea to bed and move on and get the 66.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just wondering if anything has been heard around this update?

I am still holding onto my 65 in hopes that this will come out! As others have said I would much rather lay out for the 3DXL and have a big screen over buying a 50" just to do 3D.

Thanks for any Info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hi just checking in again to see if any news on firware release. i went ahead and bought a 50" samsung 3d plasma
. but id still love to get 3d on the big screen! guitarman if u still lurking around these parts any recent info on this? just want to lay it to rest if its not happening. if only i knew either way i could sell the 65 and put the cash towards a 66.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradspit1 /forum/post/19915009

hi just checking in again to see if any news on firware release. i went ahead and bought a 50" samsung 3d plasma
. but id still love to get 3d on the big screen! guitarman if u still lurking around these parts any recent info on this? just want to lay it to rest if its not happening. if only i knew either way i could sell the 65 and put the cash towards a 66.

I did the same thing as you! Thats funny. I to would like to know if anyone has any info. I don't think so because it seems like only us waiting to see if Optoma is gonna do it or not.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts