AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have their HD DVD player feeding 1080p 24 to this projector? I just got it and I want to know if it will take this feed. If so what HD DVD player do you have sending this signal? Thanks

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I don't think it accepts 24hz. Try it and see.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to know before I bought one if it worked or not and what model to buy. I do not see 24p in the specs but it I have read that it may handle the feed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
HD70 does take 1080p24, verified with Blu Ray via PS3.

Though I can't believe I'm helping someone spend money on HD DVD.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The HD70 can accept 1080p24 but does the 3:2 pulldown unless you send the 24 at 48hz.

There's nothing wrong with HDDVD. BluRay has won nothing yet. They have > 50,000 titles to go before they can think about dethroning DVDs. Until then, HDDVD players make great upscaling dvd players as well as playing what is already on HDDVD.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconlabtech /forum/post/13010069

The HD70 can accept 1080p24 but does the 3:2 pulldown unless you send the 24 at 48hz.

There's nothing wrong with HDDVD. BluRay has won nothing yet. They have > 50,000 titles to go before they can think about dethroning DVDs. Until then, HDDVD players make great upscaling dvd players as well as playing what is already on HDDVD.

Blu-ray has won already. There's no secret about that. That doesn't mean the HD DVD players are useless. They are great upscalers and they play CDs very well too.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited /forum/post/13010359

Blu-ray has won already. There's no secret about that. That doesn't mean the HD DVD players are useless. They are great upscalers and they play CDs very well too.

No, they have succeeded in remaining in the lead for HDM disk format but they have won nothing. DVD is king and will be for sometime to come. BD has yet to release 1/10th of 1 percent of titles available on DVD and those titles they have released are littered with direct mpeg2 transfers. They could possibly become something if they move very quickly but with Sony in charge, I think iTunes and iptv will kill it before then.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks for the answers! BTW when I can get a new blu machine with a final spec for 112 bucks (picked up an HDA20, last years model, at CC on closeout NIB) I will but until then I will use HD DVD as an upscaler and as watch all the great titles on HD!

So I did take the plunge and will let you know the results I am going to set it up tomorrow. I already have an HDA2 so I will compare as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts