AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New to this forum here and what a wealth of information! I need some help with my Optoma HD72. It's a long and frustrating story and I'll try to be brief...

I recently received my HD72 this past Christmas and have been very pleased with it. I use my XBOX 360 to play games and watch HD DVD's via component cabels. Then I recently I scored a PS3 for my birthday and sucussfully used it via HDMI for three weeks to play games and watch Blu Ray movies. Then all of a sudden, out of the blue the PS3 does not hand shake with the HD72 any longer. At first I thought it was the PS3, so I took it back and exchanged it for another and the new one is doing the same thing. I then took the PS3 and hooked it up via HDMI to a different TV and it works fine. So I am ruling out the PS3 being the one with the problem. I ordered a DVI adapter and tried connecting the PS3 to the HD72 that way and still nothing. I've also tried powering up the HD72 first than the PS3, soft reseting the PS3, change the display settings in the PS3 countless times, along with a wealth of other things that some techi friends of mine have suggested. Nothing has worked! I called Optoma tech support and the tech didin't even want to talk with me and simply told me to fill out an RMA form and send it in (they would take a look at it). I then sent an electronic tech support question in and going on two weeks now, have not even received a response when it clearly states that someone will reply in 24-48 hours (I thought Optoma was supposed to have good service???).

So it all boils down to this...

1) Does anyone have any suggestions?

2) Could this be an HDCP issue?

3) Does the HD72 have a "re-set" to it?

At this point I'm extremely frustrated and am in desperate need of some suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance-

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Welcome to AVS, Varmintshooter.

The HD72 does not have a "reset" button. Is there any chance you somehow changed the frequency of the HDMI signal coming from the PS3? (I don't have a PS3 so I haven't seen the available settings)

·
Registered
318 Posts
My 1st HD6800 (HD72) lasted for about a month until it wouldn't pick up a signal from my Computer through DVI....... I tried absolutely everything possible with settings//resolutions//graphics card//different PC's. When I finally did get it working the colors were all "wonky" and off...... In the end I had it exchanged through RMA & have had my last HD6800 for about 10 very happy months now. I doubt this helps you at all.... but I figured I might as well post my experience.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You probably don't want to hear this, but I had the same problem with the HDMI port on this projector. At first I thought it was the DVI to HDMI adapter failing so I bought another one and it didn't help. I ended up using the component out on my PC instead.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My PJ Optoma HD72i can't not establish the video signal from my laptop over HDMI port. My laptop detect the PJ (laptop screen is black) and not detect the PJ (laptop screen return to windows screen) continously and PJ screen can't not display the signal from laptop. I use the same laptop and HDMI cable with my samsung plasma: it is OK, no problem but with PJ, it is not working.

Is the PJ mainboard fault? I did "hot swap" HDMI cable when my laptop and PJ are working cause this errors?

Can I update firmware to fix this mistake? Where can I find HD72i firmware?

Thank you so much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.