AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching TV, no color issues ever. Went to turn off projector and LOUD buzzing/vibration sound from unit. Then it went to fast fan noise to cool bulb before unit enters standby and buzzing/vibration noise stopped. Tried to turn unit back on...and loud noise reappeared immediately. If I turn off unit, the buzzing/vibration stops and high fan noise starts to cool bulb.

Opened unit and saw pieces of color wheel. Also can see broken color wheel itself.

Where can I buy a replacement?

Thanks!

Sully

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/20901611

The last time I checked, my parts supplier listed that at about $120.

That doesnt sound like a bad price....but then again, I dont have a clue.

Where can I find your supplier and others? I've been GOOGLING and cant find one. I shot an email to OPTOMA USA yesterday, will most likely hear back from them on Tuesday.

Thanks!

Sully

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Generally, parts are only available to authorized servicers, they do not sell to end-users. There are a few exceptions, Panasonic and Optoma are two that I can think of. You may be able to get it cheaper from Optoma, if they have any on hand.

There was some conversation earlier this year that there was an indefinite b/o situation with Optoma on some of the parts, this one included. I don't know if that's been resolved.

I would wait to see what news you get back from Optoma.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/20901769

Generally, parts are only available to authorized servicers, they do not sell to end-users. There are a few exceptions, Panasonic and Optoma are two that I can think of. You may be able to get it cheaper from Optoma, if they have any on hand.

There was some conversation earlier this year that there was an indefinite b/o situation with Optoma on some of the parts, this one included. I don't know if that's been resolved.

I would wait to see what news you get back from Optoma.

Does your supplier have them on-hand?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/20901969

Correct, since they don't sell to end-users, you have to find an authorized servicer (me) willing to sell the parts. Come on back and PM me if Optoma still doesn't have any on hand.

Optoma USA sent me the order form to fax back to them. Part was $51 total including $12 shipping.

They just called me to say that the part "just backordered"....expected delay = 6 weeks.

I'm hoping I can get the part from you at a reasonable price.

Sully

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Optoma direct was actually cheaper than ANYONE else for a color wheel. Mine is an HD-20. I decided to wait for the backorder. Was worth it.

I think a lot of resellers buy bulk from Optoma and flip for profit, especially on ebay. One reason they get backordered so fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.