AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I purchased my HD80 about 10 months ago. Recently I bought a Samsung BD-P1500. After connecting it via HDMI and getting a really BAD pink hue over the entire picture i starting swapping parts. New cable, no go, new player no go. After eliminating everything I decided to do a firmware update on the HD80. Looking at Optoma's website they have a firmware link. but it has not version info, no release notes, nothing just here it is. I flashed without much hope.

After the flash was complete, to my surprise it did actually work! Now for the bad news.

That entire fiasco happened about a week ago. Today i notices a "line" across the center of my screen. I checked cables, etc and it was still there. I flicked the pj to the white test pattern and OH BOY! the contrast is all messed up! (see pictures)

Calling Optoma tech support wasn't much help. The person I talked to didn't know hardly anything and all they wanted me to do is send it in. Before i send my PJ in and loose it for ~3 weeks i wanted to ask if anyone else has noticed this? Or if you have any idea how i could fix it.

As my grip earlier about Optoma's bad support page. I have no way to see what version I am on, i think its C.05 as that's what in the menu in the top right corner. (what do you have there?) I wish i could go back to the old version and see if the firmware update caused this but i cant. Optoma Tier 1 Tech support said they have no way to send or post the old firmware!

Thanks for any thoughts/assistance.

Mitchell

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowingGhoul /forum/post/14175997

Unplug the projector for 5 minutes, then plug it back in. That ought to fix it.

After I posted and ran to the store I pondered that same idea. Came home tried it and BINGO, fixed!

Wish Optoma had better support!

Thanks,

Mitchell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts