AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Optoma HD806-ISF tchnology dated already?

Is there an Optoma HD806-ISF and an Optoma HD806 model?

Can be compared with HC3800?

Thx

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'd check sites like projector central or projector review for comparisons. Those 2 projectors are using the same technology, but different price leagues, so it's hard to compare the two. The HC3800 are getting good reviews for a entry level 1080p DLP for what its worth. Do you have a opportunity to pick up the Optoma at a good price or something? If so, I'd go for the Optoma, if I were you. I believe the difference between the 2 optoma models that you mentioned is that the ISF version comes with a advanced stand-alone processor/scaler.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazeMaster /forum/post/18294877

I'd check sites like projector central or projector review for comparisons. Those 2 projectors are using the same technology, but different price leagues, so it's hard to compare the two. The HC3800 are getting good reviews for a entry level 1080p DLP for what its worth. Do you have a opportunity to pick up the Optoma at a good price or something? If so, I'd go for the Optoma, if I were you. I believe the difference between the 2 optoma models that you mentioned is that the ISF version comes with a advanced stand-alone processor/scaler.

There is a store that sells both: Optoma HD806 for 1500.00 and Optoma HD806-ISF for 1700.00.

Is that a good deal?

Thx

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like there are not 2 models but one Optoma HD806. The HD806-ISF is the same HD806 + ISF calibrated.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost /forum/post/18300798

!
I'm impressed by your knowledge level on the Optoma line ...
and HD860 seems to be your strength point...

Thanks.

When you know nothing, you better say nothing.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir /forum/post/18304495

I'm impressed by your knowledge level on the Optoma line ...
and HD860 seems to be your strength point...

Thanks.

When you know nothing, you better say nothing.

I'm disappointed that I thought someone with the name "sir" would have a sense of humor.
Oh well - I'll take a Friday afternoon mulligan on that one.

BTW - I took the liberty of quoting what you deleted from your previous post. "!" seems like a perfectly reasonable response to "?"...IMHO...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Ghost /forum/post/18313600

I'm disappointed that I thought someone with the name "sir" would have a sense of humor.
Oh well - I'll take a Friday afternoon mulligan on that one.

BTW - I took the liberty of quoting what you deleted from your previous post. "!" seems like a perfectly reasonable response to "?"...IMHO...

Sorry to disappoint you, but "?" is a question mark that can be translated as: "Nobody?" or "No info?" or "Nothing yet" or anything similar related to the preposted request or question.

People who are asking here are actually people looking for some help from the gurus and other people who have the knowledge and desire to share their knowledge.

They might be other Forums out there for jokes, humor and “!” answers.

Regards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts