AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I read somewhere else that it was planned for the second quarter, but that finishes tomorrow (Saturday 30th June), and there is still no name / ID for it yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I read somewhere else that it was planned for the second quarter, but that finishes tomorrow (Saturday 30th June), and there is still no name / ID for it yet.
Same... If I've done my research correctly, it seemed they announced a $20k UST projector during CES 2017 (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optoma-unveils-laser-hdr10-4k-uhd-and-ultra-short-throw-home-theater-projectors-at-ces-2017-300386095.html) for which I couldn't find any info after the announcement, making me think it got cancelled. So, Optoma doesn't have a very solid track record at delivering on their promise.

Seems to be the same for Sony's $30k UST (LSPX-A1) that used to be on their website as "coming soon" and that has been removed. Doesn't seem to be a great year for 4K UST projectors so far... :(

·
Registered
29,695 Posts
Same... If I've done my research correctly, it seemed they announced a $20k UST projector during CES 2017 (https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/optoma-unveils-laser-hdr10-4k-uhd-and-ultra-short-throw-home-theater-projectors-at-ces-2017-300386095.html) for which I couldn't find any info after the announcement, making me think it got cancelled. So, Optoma doesn't have a very solid track record at delivering on their promise.

Seems to be the same for Sony's $30k UST (LSPX-A1) that used to be on their website as "coming soon" and that has been removed. Doesn't seem to be a great year for 4K UST projectors so far... :(
Yeah, I had a customer that wanted to order the LSPX-A1, but after talking with Sony and no production date, he decided to go with the VPL-VZ1000ES.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I had a customer that wanted to order the LSPX-A1, but after talking with Sony and no production date, he decided to go with the VPL-VZ1000ES.
I was really hoping this one would get a serious price cut before the CES given that the previous model - which is still surprisingly on sale - was $50k. Sadness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts