Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: dreamstate

·
Registered
489 Posts
Good catch, aerodynamics.
With LG and ChangHong moving out, this looks like the only remaining 2019 UST to stay in this budget forum.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
This is not the short throw you are looking for.

What a bummer for all those people who waited for CES.

Curious why we haven’t seen a true budget lamp based 4k UST here in the US like they have been selling like hot cakes in China. Further supports my theory that Americans have money to burn and are more than willing to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
NX7 + ST130, Firehawk & Black Diamond + Marantz 8012 + Def Tech 9080s +more.
577 Posts
This is not the short throw you are looking for.

What a bummer for all those people who waited for CES.

Curious why we haven’t seen a true budget lamp based 4k UST here in the US like they have been selling like hot cakes in China. Further supports my theory that Americans have money to burn and are more than willing to do so.

Why a bummer? Not sure if you think is is not good enough, or if it's too expensive since it's not a budget, lamp based model.

·
Vendor
577 Posts
For everyone wondering when the big boys were going to catch up with the influx of Chinese USTs, here you go:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...-throw-and-integrated-soundbar-300773324.html

HLG, integrated sound bar, $2999, late Q2. I wish they would’ve ditched the soundbar for a lower price point.
I agree; same with the Hisense UST Laser 4k Projector and their integrated speakers & subwoofer. Especially at that higher price point, I would expect most people to have a dedicated (possibly surround) sound setup and not want to rely on whats integrated with the projector.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Why a bummer? Not sure if you think is is not good enough, or if it's too expensive since it's not a budget, lamp based model.

In my opinion I think people were waiting for low(er) cost lamp dlp PJs that we’re essentially clones of ht2550/UHD50.

Now it sort of looks like those might not happen at all.

I guess true short throw PJs aren’t a viable market.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nobody decided to mention the integrated "smart" assistants? If smart TVs are anything to go by, I'm expecting Optoma to update the software for maybe a year and then leave it outdated, forcing you to not use the feature anymore or buy a new PJ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wish more companies learned from Apple and released these things earlier, I understand CES is used to showcase new tech but waiting for late Q2 is kind of pushing it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
There are none, we already have a complete line up of standard throws - UHD50, UHD51A, UHD51ALV, UHD60, UHD65 and UHZ65 on the consumer side.
Will the UHZ65 see a price drop this year?

I figured you guys would release a new .47 4K projector without the light border.

What happen to the 4k LED projector you guys were suppose to be releasing?

Also what happen to ZH55 1080p laser projector announced a couple years ago?

·
Vendor
577 Posts
In my opinion I think people were waiting for low(er) cost lamp dlp PJs that we’re essentially clones of ht2550/UHD50.

Now it sort of looks like those might not happen at all.

I guess true short throw PJs aren’t a viable market.
I'm sure there are many people looking for a less expensive option. Personally, I think $3,000 for a laser 4k UST (that is on par at least with the UHD65) is a great deal, especially compared to the alternatives. These UST projectors are positioned as "tv replacements" by some manufacturers, so going laser makes sense as they will likely get more usage than a dedicated theater room projector. I'll letcha know how it stacks up once I get my hands on one ;)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm sure there are many people looking for a less expensive option. Personally, I think $3,000 for a laser 4k UST (that is on par at least with the UHD65) is a great deal, especially compared to the alternatives. These UST projectors are positioned as "tv replacements" by some manufacturers, so going laser makes sense as they will likely get more usage than a dedicated theater room projector. I'll letcha know how it stacks up once I get my hands on one ;)

$3000 for a display device - ANY display device - is so outrageous that I can’t even fathom it.

Now I fully understand that I am one side of a very wide spectrum in this forum but... such as it is.

·
Vendor
577 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
The specs state 3000 lumens... I'm assuming this must have a white segment in the color wheel, but I can't find anything stated.

1 - 20 of 3765 Posts