AVS Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3232 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
BUG 7 : for some Android box, (NVIDIA Shield for exemple), HDR looks darker and switching cinema, bright, natural or others image setting doesn't works. Many image disconnect and instability too. (YUV 4.2.0 10 and 12bit).
I tried Xiaomi mibox 3 and firetv 4k, image setting in HDR works fine...
My ub420 works fine for all with YUV 4.4.4 12 bit.

BUG 8 : Dynamic black works fine but some "red" tint appears while a short time when image is switching for bright to dark.

BUG 9 : I mesured max lumens HDR with DB 1 @29FTL and max lumens power 100% @23 FTL...

Someone is using zidoo player with the p1 ? Everything works ?

Envoyé de mon AC2003 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure how many people are following the P2 thread, but has anyone had issues with an older DirecTV receiver on the P1? I had a P1 for a week but exchanged for a P2 and now I'm having problems.

The picture is terrific with my new AppleTV ... but with my DirectTV Genie receivers -- HR44 -- I'm getting strange flashes of white around the edges of objects when they move on screen, particularly in darker scenes. If I pause and frame by frame it, the flashes still occur. Changing display modes, turning the motion features off, swapping HDMI cables, plugging the HR44 directly into the projector on both the rear HDMI outlets did not eliminate the problem. I am confident it's not an issue with the HR44 because I have two of them and both did the same thing.

Quick video showing the flashes in real time then frame by frame.

If anyone cares ... going back to the P1 fixed the flashing white display issues with DirecTV. P2 is going to have to go back. Caveat emptor if you're thinking of upgrading.

·
Registered
31 Posts
BUG 7 : for some Android box, (NVIDIA Shield for exemple), HDR looks darker and switching cinema, bright, natural or others image setting doesn't works. Many image disconnect and instability too. (YUV 4.2.0 10 and 12bit).
I tried Xiaomi mibox 3 and firetv 4k, image setting in HDR works fine...
My ub420 works fine for all with YUV 4.4.4 12 bit.

BUG 8 : Dynamic black works fine but some "red" tint appears while a short time when image is switching for bright to dark.

BUG 9 : I mesured max lumens HDR with DB 1 @29FTL and max lumens power 100% @23 FTL...

Someone is using zidoo player with the p1 ? Everything works ?

Regarding Bug 8:
During my many tries to calibrate with dynamic black turned on, i can recommend lowering Red Offset to -3 and Green offset to -2... depending on your whites, Same for blue. It was clearly visible that the darker the Image gets the Red tint increased and in Maximum brightness, Green tint. Blacks also seem to improve.

My Main issue is still color Banding in YouTube and Low quality streams. Cant get rid of it except for drastically decresing brightness and or contrast. Thats my Second unit already, Same issue.

Could someone Checkout Hotline Bling from Drake in YouTube to Check If the colors are Display correct? Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Forum,

i am new to the forum and i am really getting crazy, had to signup to vent a bit.

I got my 3rd UHZ65UST a few days ago.

The first one had weird fan behavior, it ran really unstable. A few days after arrival it started an additional very high frequent noise that changed with laser dimming. Shortly after that a buzzing noise joined the noise floor. I made some recordings and the seller agreed it is a defect and it needs replacement. Since the unit was brand new they straight out replaced it.

A few days later the second unit arrived. Super quiet fan, no modulating noises from fan but a very annoying electrical hum / buzzing sound - way louder that the one from the first unit. This sound does not change at all, regardless if test pattern is shown, a 1080p signal instead of 4k, HDR or SDR , laser power 50 or 100, dynamical black 1 - 3 - it just buzzes and is audible from sitting distance if is there silence. Again, made recordings, seller agreed it is weird and agreed for 3rd replacement.

Another few days later, have my 3rd unit now in front of me and i am getting grey hairs. The exact same buzzing that seems to originate in middle of unit - i.e if you place your ear right in the middle of the soundbar (note i have the integrated soundbar disabled). It seems totally unrelated to any cabling, positioning, tried moving to another wall socket, disconnected everything, factory resetted thrice now. Nothing. Just a constant buzzing. Seller even took another parcel service for this one as suspected some damage happened during transit in 2nd unit...

Am i that unlucky or am i just overly sensitive to this sound? Is this caused by the shifter technology? Are your UHZ65USTs (or P1 for that matter) having a buzzing noise that is audible from 2,5+m sitting position during absolute silence in a movie? Not talking about the fan noise, that is very different. Was there a faulty series of defective produced UHZ65UST and they are all in my sellers storage?

Think i have to replace another time or live with the sound..if it is normal.....

-namtech
Some updates.

My seller (a Optoma Partner in Germany) said that after going back and forth with his contact at Optoma, they admitted (wording in between the lines) that some parts are built differently in latest UHZ65UST batches and after having listenend to my recordings they said it was all inside factoring tolerance level. That was wording from his Partner contact - I call huge BS on that factoring tolerance stuff if the Unit is THAT audible from sitting distance. A reply from Support is still pending but i doubt that support would say any different

Looking for solutions, my seller sent me a older refurbished Unit (some cosmetical issues) and that one, surprise, is dead quiet.
No humm, no buzz - just some non intrusive fan hush. BUT this one now has a horizontal picture shift of like 6cm (besides its vertical shift is also much higher than the noisy units ) - which pretty much messes with my needs for symmetry, as my center speaker was supposed to sit below center of screen and not below the Pj.

I really like the UHZ65UST but i am have the feeling i am playing in a lottery - if that all is attributed to factoring tolerance i have really no mood to shift e.g. the position of my screen once the unit breaks down and gets replaced. Also considering that newer Units are much louder, it is worrisome if that one should ever break down. Also reading first reports here about P2 issues i am seriously considering moving back to a TV (something like a LG CX maybe) and wait for 1 or 2 more UST generations before reattempting.

I have to decided today if i want to keep the refurbished unit or return completely, envy all you guys who were lucky with their units and having a great experience.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I really like the UHZ65UST but i am have the feeling i am playing in a lottery - if that all is attributed to factoring tolerance i have really no mood to shift e.g. the position of my screen once the unit breaks down and gets replaced.
I experienced humming, too. Optoma Service checked it and it was the color wheel which made the noise. They replaced it and my unit is quiet now. Fan noise never was a problem.

By the way: My Dolby Vision problems with Apple TV 4K (short picture freezes) are gone now with TvOS 14. I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
407 Posts
made a new recording from sitting distance. it has gain applied otherwise it was not possible to demonstrate without cranking volume to the extreme.

Recordings are here Optoma buzz/humm
That sounds like XPR doing it's thing with some fan noise laced in. I think BenQ has a silent mode that turns off XPR and the 4K that comes with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That sounds like XPR doing it's thing with some fan noise laced in. I think BenQ has a silent mode that turns off XPR and the 4K that comes with it.
could be, probably. However this noise is something older production batches do not have it seems. My refurbished old production batch unit is now dead silent.
Also decided to keep the refurbished one - seller said the wrongly horizontal aligned offset was common issue in older units and technically it "could" be corrected, however after i installed my ALR Screen (100" XY Screen Pet Crystal) and aligned the PJ below it, it does not disturb me as much as I expected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Optoma Cinemax P1 tint keeps shifting.
I posted about this six months ago and then again three months ago. While watching some shows, the tint keeps shifting on my P1. I sent it in for repair, Optima replaced a part but the tint still shifts. It doesn't happen with all programming. It happens when watching Kim's Convenience, a Canadian comedy that just won a bunch of Emmys. It happens while streaming through my Apple TV 4K and my Fire Stick 4K. It doesn't happen when I'm watching on an old Vizio TV. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?
Thanks,
Smokey100

·
Registered
31 Posts
Optoma Cinemax P1 tint keeps shifting.
I posted about this six months ago and then again three months ago. While watching some shows, the tint keeps shifting on my P1. I sent it in for repair, Optima replaced a part but the tint still shifts. It doesn't happen with all programming. It happens when watching Kim's Convenience, a Canadian comedy that just won a bunch of Emmys. It happens while streaming through my Apple TV 4K and my Fire Stick 4K. It doesn't happen when I'm watching on an old Vizio TV. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?
Thanks,
Smokey100
Read my Post.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Pixel shifter

Calling it pixel shifting is a disservice to XPR!

XPR technically is pixel shifting but unlike JVC's and Epson's versions which are poor doublers. XPR is technically 4K and single chip DLP XPR is arguably superior to SXRD and D-ILA Native 4K offerings.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
XPR technically is pixel shifting but unlike JVC's and Epson's versions which are poor doublers.
Quadruplers would be accurate, i.e. 1.920 x 1.080 x 4.

Only the larger Texas Instruments 0.66" 4K XPR DMD is a "doubler"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Any news about a new firmware ?
It was annonced for september....
60 FPS Bug is really annoying

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

Couldn't help but notice on Page 28 that Optoma apparently did consider to provide the P1 with a "3D Sync" VESA port for an RF Emitter..

Page 33: Set the 3D tech. parameter to “DLP-Link” or “Standard” (previosly "3D Sync"...cough)

Let me guess, setting it to "Standard" will either do nothing or just the same as "DLP-Link". o_O

(I think it's safe to assume that the P1 does not feature an internal 3D-RF emitter…right?)

Did ANYONE use a screwdriver to find out what's behind the little panel on the left side of the input field just below the DLP/4K/HDR letters? :p
EDIT: Looks only like a panel in the user manual but is probably the space for the product sticker on the actual unit..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any news about a new firmware ?
It was annonced for september....
60 FPS Bug is really annoying

Considering their focus on the P2 - lets hope they dont abandon the firmware development for the P1 completely.
Optoma Dude is missing since weeks, he could probably tell...

·
Registered
407 Posts

Couldn't help but notice on Page 28 that Optoma apparently did consider to provide the P1 with a "3D Sync" VESA port for an RF Emitter..

Page 33: Set the 3D tech. parameter to “DLP-Link” or “Standard” (previosly "3D Sync"...cough)

Let me guess, setting it to "Standard" will either do nothing or just the same as "DLP-Link". o_O

(I think it's safe to assume that the P1 does not feature an internal 3D-RF emitter…right?)

Did ANYONE use a screwdriver to find out what's behind the little panel on the left side of the input field just below the DLP/4K/HDR letters? :p
EDIT: Looks only like a panel in the user manual but is probably the space for the product sticker on the actual unit..
On the P2 it has the same 3D tech options (DLP Link and 3D sync) and it doesn't matter which option you choose--it's still outputting DLP Link signal. Guess they didn't bother to update it🙄

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Just posted the question in the P2 thread, but realize now you've already answered it.

Too bad, that there is apparently a problem with the DLP Link performance of your P2. Might have been smart of Optoma to equip the P2 with an internal 3D-RF Emitter (like Sony) to use 3D-RF glasses as a fallback option (not to mention the superior comfort of 3D-RF technology), provided of course they'd take a look at the still commercially available 3D-RF glasses (and most definitely not their original "Bit Cauldron" proprietary technology, add to this that the old Optoma 3D-RF glasses are hard to find these days).

3161 - 3180 of 3232 Posts