AVS Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3232 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Billiant Color is the first thing i lowered to 1 to get rid of the banding. Yep, Dynamic Black tends to band in highlights but it´s ok if you don´t raise the normal contrast setting too high.
That should not be necessary. Seller Heimkinoraum is saying that this is not normal and they not aware of banding issues i described. Also their own calibration sets this to way higher values.

·
Registered
425 Posts
i have to lower contrast to like -15 to remove any banding in HDR. I am still convinced this is a more extreme issue in my case. As soon as DB is active, there is banding almost everywhere, didnt notice anything like that in the units i owned previously. Power 100 sometimes is smooth but sometimes also showing the banding. Also on the same frame, it is totally inconsistent behavior.
This is an issue related to HDR tone mapping

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
i have to lower contrast to like -15 to remove any banding in HDR. I am still convinced this is a more extreme issue in my case. As soon as DB is active, there is banding almost everywhere, didnt notice anything like that in the units i owned previously. Power 100 sometimes is smooth but sometimes also showing the banding. Also on the same frame, it is totally inconsistent behavior.
Having to set the contrast that low just doesn't sound right and doesn't make any sense, especially compared to past experiences with the different model

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
Having to set the contrast that low just doesn't sound right and doesn't make any sense, especially compared to past experiences with the different model

Not lowering contrast results in loss of a lot of bright details. It's a constant act of balancing contrast vs bright details. It can get frustrating when watching HDR content

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not lowering contrast results in loss of a lot of bright details. It's a constant act of balancing contrast vs bright details. It can get frustrating when watching HDR content

It's an odd thing to complain about bit there are almost to many settings. This is in no way a bad thing but I find myself constantly tweaking the picture, especially HDR vs SDR material

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been using my UHZ65UST for a month now, when it suddenly died today.
Well, it boots, but the only thing it shows is a black screen with a white, vertical band on the right side:

The projector doesn't respond on anything anymore. I tried plugging it out for an hour, but the problem persists.
Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've been using my UHZ65UST for a month now, when it suddenly died today.
Well, it boots, but the only thing it shows is a black screen with a white, vertical band on the right side:

The projector doesn't respond on anything anymore. I tried plugging it out for an hour, but the problem persists.
Is there anything I can do?
I had android crash once although the message was pretty descriptive. I downloaded it and reinstalled it and everything started working although this is different than what I ran into as it was the default android crash page.

You can reload andeoid but not the firmware. As painful as it may be a factory reset wouldn't hurt. I would just take screenshots or write down all your settings before you do. I would also unplug any HDMI inputs and just see if you can get to the Optoma home screen to roll out any input potential issues. Have you tried a different port?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had android crash once although the message was pretty descriptive. I downloaded it and reinstalled it and everything started working although this is different than what I ran into as it was the default android crash page.

You can reload andeoid but not the firmware. As painful as it may be a factory reset wouldn't hurt. I would just take screenshots or write down all your settings before you do. I would also unplug any HDMI inputs and just see if you can get to the Optoma home screen to roll out any input potential issues. Have you tried a different port?

Thanks fot the reply.

The problem is: I can't get to the home screen anymore. All HMDI and other cables are unplugged (except power).
How can I factory reset when I can't get to the home screen?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks fot the reply.

The problem is: I can't get to the home screen anymore. All HMDI and other cables are unplugged (except power).
How can I factory reset when I can't get to the home screen?
I agree, contact Optoma. That is really odd behavior. Here are the instructions for reinstalling but if you are already on the latest version then I personally would not try this before talking to Optoma as they have better troubleshooting steps. Android simply crashed on mine, Same error you would see on the phone so different then what you are getting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, contact Optoma. That is really odd behavior. Here are the instructions for reinstalling but if you are already on the latest version then I personally would not try this before talking to Optoma as they have better troubleshooting steps. Android simply crashed on mine, Same error you would see on the phone so different then what you are getting.
Thanks for the link.
I tried the latest system upgrade yesterday allready, and it didn't change anything.

I guess I'll have to return it to Optoma, which sucks because I bought it on some webstore here in Belgium, and returning items can take weeks or even months.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello,
Initially I have a Nvidia shield TV which I noticed that the auto mapping was not working properly. Indeed, changing the video mode in HDR did not affect the image and this one look darker than that provided by my bluray player.
I decided to buy a zidoo player, the final result of the image is much brighter, the automapping works wonderfully and above all I no longer have any HDMI dropout for the moment.
Next step, buy a Fire TV for VOD services and sell my Shield.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I can no longer get the soundbar to make sound. Is there anything obvious it could be? I normally don't use the soundbar, but I tested it when I got it and it worked, now I'm going back to it and it just will not make sound. I normally use speakers connected to my Denon receiver.I have sound turned to "on" in the Projector menu. I looked for but couldn't find a setting on the Denon that did something like "don't send sound out HDMI"

·
Registered
480 Posts
I can no longer get the soundbar to make sound. Is there anything obvious it could be? I normally don't use the soundbar, but I tested it when I got it and it worked, now I'm going back to it and it just will not make sound. I normally use speakers connected to my Denon receiver.I have sound turned to "on" in the Projector menu. I looked for but couldn't find a setting on the Denon that did something like "don't send sound out HDMI"
Menu then third or fourth tab to the right has the audio options and there is an option to just turn on the sound bar so hopefully that's the issue

·
Registered
89 Posts
Off topic here but has anyone set up alexa with their optoma p1? For example do you control it if so is there a guide on doing this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Optoma PM DUDE : no news from too much time ! Do we have to consider that a 3000€ projector from Optoma is getting only 1 update, and Optoma forget remaining bugs ?

Maybe I have to warn Optoma P2 buyers with the remaining bugs... ?

Please answer us quickly for the next P1 firmware that will correct the last bugs

Still no news from Optoma PM DUDE since 9 days... Just pinged it on reddit too, waiting for news..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Optoma PM DUDE : no news from too much time ! Do we have to consider that a 3000€ projector from Optoma is getting only 1 update, and Optoma forget remaining bugs ?

Maybe I have to warn Optoma P2 buyers with the remaining bugs... ?

Please answer us quickly for the next P1 firmware that will correct the last bugs
i pinged him a PM on reddit a few weeks ago, asking to at least post a sign of life here.
No response either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i pinged him a PM on reddit a few weeks ago, asking to at least post a sign of life here.
No response either.
I've just done same thing on reddit, waiting. Is there some others than namtech and I who want news and update ? The more we are, the best chance we can have to get an update... If more than 10 owners, I will tweet Optoma ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Another user waiting.

I have a problem where powering off with the internal speakers muted, it will not come out of mute. The first power on afterwards, unmute shows the volume back to where I usually have it but no sound. It needs a second, or the other day, a third restart to fix it. I reported it to Optoma support last week.

Yesterday, I used the long press menu to switch HDMI ports. The Mute option on that menu changed to Unmute and then a few seconds later back to Mute again.

@OPTOMA PM DUDE said a while back that they were expecting there to be more frequent updates. We had C14.3 some time ago and since then, nothing.

3201 - 3220 of 3232 Posts