AVS Forum banner

3221 - 3240 of 3270 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Remember when @OPTOMA PM DUDE said the next firmware to fix the green tint on gaming mode (among other things) was due out at the end of August? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I never spend so much for a beamer, i decide to buy Optoma because is a brand that produce projector since long time. I spend € 3299 for the optoma uhz65ust.
I will wait the day after the expire of the guarantee to give back, hoping that in 1 year they produce a model without defect, because i'm sure that the problem is hardware this is why is so difficult to solve with a firmware upgrade.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANYMORE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HLG ist in der Werbung für den Projektor, funktioniert aber nicht
Danke für Ihre Auswahl an Optoma Deutschland.

Der Projektor Optoma UHZ65UST wird HLG über HDMI leider nicht, weil diese Funktion in diesem Modell nicht beeinflusst wurde.
Ich kläre mit dem Engineering ob die HLG über HDMI-Funktion in weiter Firmware-Übersichten für die Einführung gehört, und melde mich bei Ihnen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dmitry Chelnokov
Technischer Produktspezialist

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here is a Google translation of the @joker2005 post.

HLG is in the advertisement for the projector but does not work
Thank you for choosing Optoma Germany.

The Optoma UHZ65UST projector will unfortunately not use HLG over HDMI because this function was not affected in this model.
I will clarify with the engineering team whether the HLG via HDMI function should be included in further firmware overviews for the introduction, and I will contact you.

Best regards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is a Google translation of the @joker2005 post.

HLG is in the advertisement for the projector but does not work
Thank you for choosing Optoma Germany.

The Optoma UHZ65UST projector will unfortunately not use HLG over HDMI because this function was not affected in this model.
I will clarify with the engineering team whether the HLG via HDMI function should be included in further firmware overviews for the introduction, and I will contact you.

Best regards
"firmware overviews" .-) what a teaser.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am also waiting for this new update.
Which Android box are you using for watching your VOD services ?
Do you have HDR tone mapping issues ? When I switch to detail, movie or standard, nothing change with NVIDIA Shield and HDR is dark.
I try mibox 3 with Android TV 8 everything works fine, but After Android TV 9 update the problem is same than Shield box.
I think Android 9 is the problem.
I tried fire TV too using HDMI on my Pioneer amp, switching SDR to HDR bug. No issue on projector HDMI....

Envoyé de mon AC2003 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am also waiting for this new update.
Which Android box are you using for watching your VOD services ?
Do you have HDR tone mapping issues ? When I switch to detail, movie or standard, nothing change with NVIDIA Shield and HDR is dark.
I try mibox 3 with Android TV 8 everything works fine, but After Android TV 9 update the problem is same than Shield box.
I think Android 9 is the problem.
I tried fire TV too using HDMI on my Pioneer amp, switching SDR to HDR bug. No issue on projector HDMI....

FireTV Cube (German Content: Prime / Netflix ), FireTV Stick(US Content> US Prime / US Netflix / Hulu / HBO Max), ATV4K, Panasonic UB824, German Telekom IPTV Receiver, PS4, Nintendo Switch :: via Denon X4400h

No issues with HDR itself (i have other technical issues with color banding though) with the exception that with both FireTV Cube and FireTV Stick the P1 sometimes fail to switch back to SDR after when i had a HDR signal on the ATV4K running.

·
Registered
49 Posts
FireTV Cube (German Content: Prime / Netflix ), FireTV Stick(US Content> US Prime / US Netflix / Hulu / HBO Max), ATV4K, Panasonic UB824, German Telekom IPTV Receiver, PS4, Nintendo Switch :: via Denon X4400h

No issues with HDR itself (i have other technical issues with color banding though) with the exception that with both FireTV Cube and FireTV Stick the P1 sometimes fail to switch back to SDR after when i had a HDR signal on the ATV4K running.
Thanks for the answer. Got banding too with 8bit HDMI setting but no issue on 10 and 12 bit.
What are your HDMI setting of your fire TV ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Depth up to 12bit, RGB, 4k 60(auto), HDR Adaptive
Thanks.
My test with the same AMP/HDMI câble :
  • Zidoo = no issue and good HDR switch/tone mapping, any image drop
  • Shield = Good HDR switch but Bad tone mapping and some image drop @4K60Hz
  • Fire TV = some HDR switch fail, good tone mapping, any image drop
  • BD player = no issue and good HDR switch/tone mapping, some image drop @4K60HZ.
  • Mibox 3 = On android TV 8 : no issue and good HDR switch/tone mapping, some image flickering. On Android TV 9 : same than Shield TV.

All was stable with C12 and was working properly with my previous display (HT3550).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Still no Firmware update, and any news from optoma dude.....
I read P2 thread and I found this.
Actually the last update for P2 fix tone mapping with shield TV.
Seriously CAN YOU UPDATE P1 TOO ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Still no Firmware update, and any news from optoma dude.....
I read P2 thread and I found this.
Actually the last update for P2 fix tone mapping with shield TV.
Seriously CAN YOU UPDATE P1 TOO ?
I agree : i tried reddit, private messages and other to join Optoma PM DUDE, but nothing : maybe a petition sent to Optoma ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only think that we can do is to send to service all together our P1 /UHZ, could be that if they receive thousand of request, they move the ass with a new firmware.
Game mode is really a joke, since the beginning they send a projector with a fake value of input lag of 70ms on the official broschure, i think this is enough to give back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,
Just got my P1 and was hoping for a little advice on how to use the optical line with my receiver. At least, I thought we could use that with a typical 5.1 receiver. Is there something in the menus? Or am I mistaken?
Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
@NymnNymn You can take the optical out on the PJ to an optical in on your receiver to listen to audio via the receiver. You should to mute the PJ internal audio or turn it off in the PJ menus otherwise both the receiver and the PJ will be outputing sound.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It looks like we P1/UHZ65UST owners are being left behind. Optoma UK has the P2 as well as the UHZ65UST on their web site, with the P2 £300 cheaper! I think this is a disgraceful way to treat early adopters.

3221 - 3240 of 3270 Posts