AVS Forum banner

3301 - 3320 of 3339 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
I find it really odd they released the P2 so quickly after the P1, and it's not much different. I almost want to say the P2 is the P1 without most of the bugs.....

Maybe everyone should push Optoma to replace their P1's with P2's if they are not supporting P1's anymore which should still be under warranty!

I'm starting to agree with you especially now that they're prioritizing the P2. COVID is no longer an excuse. People can write software and firmware updates from their home. Test on a P1 at home and have virtual meetings with others to discuss what needs to be done to address the issues on the P1. Optoma is not doing that and I am going to go back and sign that ticket because their lack of response in this thread or to anyone is pretty disappointing because I've never had an issue with Optoma before. I was cutting on some slack due to the tariffs and covid-19 but the time has come where they need to fix the issues on the P1 or they're risking a class action lawsuit.

Like the EDID issues posted by the previous poster. Yes, I got rid of them but I had to order an HD fury product in order to get rid of the EDID problems I had with both my shield and Xbox One X, I had tons of dropouts and snow with both devices. 14 months after release in two software/firmware updates. One was a day one update and there's only been one sense then.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
511 Posts
The whole thing is bizarre. They announced the P2 on one day and the next day they cancel the P1. Authorized resellers still had units on backorder to ship. But I had to contact their customers and let them know that the P2 was their only option. I do t think Optoma was making any money off the P1 or potentially losing money. Even though the P2 has a better color wheel that doesn't mean it's not cheaper to make. We also don't know what components they changed on the main board. This would be a big deal when doing firmware updates for the P2 and P1, If they made a lot of changes to say some of the chips on the main board then that is going to be huge when writing firmware updayes because the more the hardware is different the more it branches off for the code. I think they gave authorized resellers like one day notice if that. And obviously they were under NDA's so they could not say anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The whole thing is bizarre. They announced the P2 on one day and the next day they cancel the P1. Authorized resellers still had units on backorder to ship. But I had to contact their customers and let them know that the P2 was their only option. I do t think Optoma was making any money off the P1 or potentially losing money. Even though the P2 has a better color wheel that doesn't mean it's not cheaper to make. We also don't know what components they changed on the main board. This would be a big deal when doing firmware updates for the P2 and P1, If they made a lot of changes to say some of the chips on the main board then that is going to be huge when writing firmware updayes because the more the hardware is different the more it branches off for the code. I think they gave authorized resellers like one day notice if that. And obviously they were under NDA's so they could not say anything.

Hi, for the moment i keep hope, because :
  • optoma france answers to my tweet 2 days ago, saying that they're currently working on a new firmware for P1 and UHZ65UST, to be delivered soon. ( original message in french : " pour répondre aux demandes, nous sommes effectivement en train de travailler sur un nouveau firmware pour les CinemaX P1 et CinemaX UHZ65UST. Nous espérons qu'il sera disponible prochainement ! " )
  • optoma us proposed me a virtual meeting with optoma france, to discuss about issues, i will put back here my report of the discussion.

The instability thing ( EDID or not EDID ) is the priority issue I think, the others issues are the known bugs from the last firmware.

Today I tried to focus on the EDID problem, to find a proof. I tried with a PC to make a custom INF file for the projector (with moninfo) , and changed display driver to it. Some says that with this manipulation, the EDID is no more necessary for discovery. But I've encountered the same instability problems. .. I can read my Optoma UHZ65UST EDID info without problem, but don't know how to find a proof that it's an EDID problem : anyone can help me how to prove that ?

At least it seems that the hdfury thing ( or other EDID emulator ? ) gives a solution.. even if it's not an Optoma solution..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks to Emmanuelle, Lilian, and Allen, from Optoma, for the today's videoconference meeting.

Optoma apologize for the delay, and a new firmware is now in progress.

Now I really think the petition will end in a positive state for everyone, when the next firmware will be released in 2021 with corrected bugs.

We can help them, by giving exhaustive details about issues contexts, for them to reproduce, ... and to validate the correction : hardware details, software details, hdmi cable types, sources videos, method to reproduce the issue, ...
If anyone wants to give some time for that, and help me, please contact me in private message ( 1 or 2, not the entire world uuuh :) ).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Related to the P1 has anyone had an issue with a blinking red light above the power button? The manual says it’s a overheating/ lamp issue. I reset and unplugged everything and it’s still blinking. The projector will power on and function fine. Is this something that needs to be sent in for warranty repair? For those of you who have had repairs done what has been your experience? I can’t get customer service to pick up the phone so I’m worried this will end up being a very long drawn out process.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sounds like a faulty fan or temperature sensor issue. I'm obviously guessing so I could be wrong but it sounds like it's a legit issue. I would contact Optoma, or the retailer depending on who you bought it and if you have a warranty with them. I have not had any experience with returning any projector to Optima for an RMA. Depending on when you bought it I would probably request a P2, doesn't hurt to try unless you got the 3500 lumens model.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks to Emmanuelle, Lilian, and Allen, from Optoma, for the today's videoconference meeting.

Now I really think the petition will end in a positive state for everyone, when the next firmware will be released in 2021 with corrected bugs.

We can help them, by giving exhaustive details about issues contexts, for them to reproduce, ... and to validate the correction : hardware details, software details, hdmi cable types, sources videos, method to reproduce the issue, ...
If anyone wants to give some time for that, and help me, please contact me in private message ( 1 or 2, not the entire world uuuh :) ).
I'm going to go e them all the details I have. The two major outstanding ones, for me, are dynamic black getting dark after 15 minutes and EDID issues. Now, I ended up getting an HDFury device that fixed all dropouts and snow but I had major issues with both My shield pro 2019 and Xbox One X. EDID issues is the only reason as of I take my avrkey out of the mix the dropouts come back and the key has very minimal EDID correction. I'm a casual gamer and I pretty much given up on the lag getting any better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for these information.
Release in 2021 it's top late.... January or may or december ?
Can we just open a share calc/sheet for users who want to write all bug ?
Edit : I start a google Sheet if you want to report these bug.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Related to the P1 has anyone had an issue with a blinking red light above the power button? The manual says it’s a overheating/ lamp issue. I reset and unplugged everything and it’s still blinking. The projector will power on and function fine. Is this something that needs to be sent in for warranty repair? For those of you who have had repairs done what has been your experience? I can’t get customer service to pick up the phone so I’m worried this will end up being a very long drawn out process.
Hi, I just had the same issue. Came to turn it on today and the temp light on was flashing but it's working fine after restarting. Will keep an eye out for other issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it might be a bug related to HDMI-CEC. My UHZ65UST is connected to an Apple TV, and I get the blinking red light about 20% of time Apple TV goes to sleep (and shuts down the projector).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for these information.
Release in 2021 it's top late.... January or may or december ?
Can we just open a share calc/sheet for users who want to write all bug ?
Edit : I start a google Sheet if you want to report these bug.
Hi ! Thank you for you shared google sheet, it's very good idea : I will put my informations in it, and inform Optoma to use it.

I propose we make tests with a few samples 4K HDR files us and Optoma can find online : for example at Samples - Official Kodi Wiki

Tomorrow I will try to focus on the disconnections/EDID problem by finding a reproducable way to show the bug each time.. but for the moment it's very random with my computer ( during windows desktop [email protected] without gaming mode, during rocket league in [email protected] with gaming mode, ... )

·
Registered
24 Posts
When is the new firmware being released? December?
Hi,

During the meeting, Optoma has not given a precise date, they are still fixing bugs and testing corrections,so maybe january or february ?

Now I'm sure that Optoma is working on it, my personnal opinion is that I prefer waiting again some weeks and have a stable firmware and fixed bugs.

That's why we collect details about issues and I'll send them to Optoma ( with help of Oneil50, diggumsmax, and Jan L for the moment)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

During the meeting, Optoma has not given a precise date, they are still fixing bugs and testing corrections,so maybe january or february ?

Now I'm sure that Optoma is working on it, my personnal opinion is that I prefer waiting again some weeks and have a stable firmware and fixed bugs.

That's why we collect details about issues and I'll send them to Optoma ( with help of Oneil50, diggumsmax, and Jan L for the moment)
Thanks for you guys' effort.

How about asking Optoma to speed up the release the new firmware first so that we can check if the previous reported problem have been resolved or not. Perhaps, some of the previous reported problems will be resolved by the new firmware that is under tested. I am worried that Optima will find more reasons to further delay the release of the firmware if we want them to resolve all the problems in one new firmware.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry but i don't think that Optoma need examples of all the problems, because they know exactly all the problems, and most of them are not fixable with a firmware.
A lot of P1/UHZ have color banding, that is a problem of wheel or problem of focus on the upper angles that is a lens problem.

Since August, the only new real problems are about EDID, HDR, worst connection, darker image, Game mode that is a joke.

Optoma know everything, and if we continue yo wait a firmware upgrade that solve all, guys.... take a look to your warranty that can expire before they try to solve something.

The only solution is to send the projector to the support as late as possible, because could be that in this time they have all the necessary knowledge and hardware to change what since the beginning was wrong developed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I was told in a support ticket that they would be releasing firmware in Decemeber. Hopefully that's true - or they need to start handing out P2s as replacements.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Struggling to dial in the Audio delay on my receiver (pioneer vsx-lx503) Any tips or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry but i don't think that Optoma need examples of all the problems, because they know exactly all the problems, and most of them are not fixable with a firmware.
A lot of P1/UHZ have color banding, that is a problem of wheel or problem of focus on the upper angles that is a lens problem.

Since August, the only new real problems are about EDID, HDR, worst connection, darker image, Game mode that is a joke.

Optoma know everything, and if we continue yo wait a firmware upgrade that solve all, guys.... take a look to your warranty that can expire before they try to solve something.

The only solution is to send the projector to the support as late as possible, because could be that in this time they have all the necessary knowledge and hardware to change what since the beginning was wrong developed.
Hi Christian,

About EDID, I'm searching a way to prove/reproduce the EDID problem on-demand ( with EDID monitoring each seconds, or something else ), because for the moment it's very random. Yesterday I've have 2 disconnections on netflix with house of cards and superman (movie), with my computer. Even on windows 10 desktop, there is sometime 1 or 2 disconnections/reconnections without doing anything.

I'm a developper, so I'm trying to make a variant of https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs with my PC and RADEON RX-470 to create a code that tracks EDID informations further times per second to find any changes. It's not working yet, but there may be other ways more simple ?

For the moment, I'm keeping hope in some "magic" with the future new firmware ..

3301 - 3320 of 3339 Posts