AVS Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
There’s banding on faces and some skies where there are gradients.

Match dynamic range is off
Content is hotel Transylvania 3 and even the Home Screen icons on the Apple TV have some banding
Resolution is 2160p @24hz
Bit depth 12 bit & 4.2.2
App is Apple TV app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Go into the Service Menu:

Power Off - UP - DOWN - MENU (the 3 lines)

There is a rainbow pattern where you can see if you have a problem with the wheel or not.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very helpful. I have some banding too but a bit less than yours. I understand it was totally fixed with the color wheel adjustment ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very helpful. I have some banding too but a bit less than yours. I understand it was totally fixed with the color wheel adjustment ?
correct. Support completely fixed all banding in calibrating the color wheel (however they also replaced the laser unit as i had a problem with corner sharpness and the replaced engine was very noisy/loud so i gave up and switched to a P2 later)

·
Registered
13 Posts
So all of a sudden have lost the ability to power off via the remote and the main power switch.. I remember others having the issue previously. Just wondering if it was fixed?

·
Registered
254 Posts
So all of a sudden have lost the ability to power off via the remote and the main power switch.. I remember others having the issue previously. Just wondering if it was fixed?
It was fixed for me in firmware C15.5. My workaround until that update was to switch to the Home screen, leave it for a minute and try a power off from there. It worked eventually like that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! Might have to use the workaround. Have been on the new firmware so not sure why it's suddenly started now
It was fixed for me in firmware C15.5. My workaround until that update was to switch to the Home screen, leave it for a minute and try a power off from there. It worked eventually like that.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go into the Service Menu:

Power Off - UP - DOWN - MENU (the 3 lines)

There is a rainbow pattern where you can see if you have a problem with the wheel or not.
This is mine.

202103191150_115044.jpg

It looks to me like there's a problem with the wheel. I had pixelation on magenta with shadow detail which I thought I'd got rid of after calibration but perhaps not. There looks like a problem at the green end too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It looks to me like there's a problem with the wheel. I had pixelation on magenta with shadow detail which I thought I'd got rid of after calibration but perhaps not. There looks like a problem at the green end too.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was similar but much more on the magenta.
After sending to support, was completely resolved and also the focus in the corners become perfect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks! Might have to use the workaround. Have been on the new firmware so not sure why it's suddenly started now
Hi Dinesh i get the projector power button malfunction (simultaneously on remote too) on the new firmware - maybe once a day.... i power off from mains, however will try Mick Seymour workaround/hack

Also get volume mute issue multiple times a day...... toggling HDMI inputs usually does the trick, else a reboot

For me too it was introduced by new firmware - one step forward, one step back. Sucks having it do these things in front of company - quite embarrassing

·
Registered
104 Posts
AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Fiber Optic Cable (18 Gpbs - 4k/60Hz) - 30-Foot
Please note that it still drops connection once in a while but its much better than before
Take care with cheap (and even non cheap ?) fiber optic cable, I used one with my optoma and all my other cable are mush 8k cable (expensive one but best quality). Either with optical cable and mush I never had any disconnection. But one day my fiber optical cable seems to be broken, I've read on amazon review that many people using fiber cable have their optical cable suddenly became unusable and that's because the fiber/hdmi converter died, so I tough it was that but before changing the cable (he is hidden behind my wall so difficult to change) I tried to put it on an other HDMI port of my denon AMP, and in fact the cable was not broken but in fact that was the HDMI I port of my receiver that die. I think the hdmi port was burnt and get to much voltage, because usually when I plugged that cable it sparkle a lot and I got some little electric shock, lot more than with other hdmi cable I have. Then I re-read amazon review and it seems that happens to other user of fiber optical cable, so I look at review of most expensive one and find that even for expensive one some people have the same problem. So take care. I would like to know if other people is aware of this kind of issue and if there is brand / model of optical cable that can be trusted and avoid this problem ? I looked to hdmi surge protector but from what I read it's a bit useless. For the moment I use a classical cheap non-optical hdmi cable and still have no drop connection problem (I though I needed a 10meter cable that's why I buy an optical cable at first, then in fact an 6 meter cable was sufficient so no need for optical).

·
Registered
7 Posts
After 7 weeks my UHZ65UST finally came back from the customer service center, after the failed firmware update.
The repair notice says the Scaler-Board has been replaced. Not sure what exactly the Scaler-Board is, but I noticed that the serial number changed and the on-time counter is back to zero. So it must be something major.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone experience a "dead pixel" on the P1?

I turned it on today and there is a white dot on the screen. I turned the P1 off and then cleaned the lens to make sure it wasn't dust or something. Turned it back on and it's still there.

I snapped a picture. The projector is on now and the dot has gotten smaller. I turned it off and on again but it's still there.

Edit: after letting it sit a bit longer and then switching screens a few times it's now gone. I turned the projector off and back on just to see if it would come back but it seems to be completely gone now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You did the right thing. Each time I had a dead mirror on my previous projector as soon as I noticed it I switched on off several times and it got gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone experience a "dead pixel" on the P1?

I turned it on today and there is a white dot on the screen. I turned the P1 off and then cleaned the lens to make sure it wasn't dust or something. Turned it back on and it's still there.

I snapped a picture. The projector is on now and the dot has gotten smaller. I turned it off and on again but it's still there.

Edit: after letting it sit a bit longer and then switching screens a few times it's now gone. I turned the projector off and back on just to see if it would come back but it seems to be completely gone now.
Mine has been RMA'd for this very reason. At first the dot would come and go, so I didn't worry too much. Then it stayed... And a second one appeared that never went away. Both in the middle of the screen, very distracting. I'm afraid it's like cancer, as in it spreads. The DMD chip needs to be changed, that's the thing with all the micromirrors on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's frustrating. I turned it on this morning and the white dot was back. It went away much quicker this time, but seems if the projector is off for a period of time this will come back. So it seems like my experience is probably going to be similar to yours @SebastienR.

I was hoping to not have to send this in for service, but may have to reach out to Optoma.

3681 - 3700 of 3735 Posts