AVS Forum banner

3701 - 3720 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's frustrating. I turned it on this morning and the white dot was back. It went away much quicker this time, but seems if the projector is off for a period of time this will come back. So it seems like my experience is probably going to be similar to yours @SebastienR.

I was hoping to not have to send this in for service, but may have to reach out to Optoma.
Also had the dreaded Dot on mine and had to RMA it. Took about 4 weeks to come back, the good news is they sent a brand new model back as a replacement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just went ahead and sent an enquiry to Optoma regarding the issues. Not looking forward to having to send this in and be without the projector for a month but what can ya do

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just as an update, Optoma replied and asked that I do a factory reset. I did that and the dot is now gone. We will see how long it last

They did say if it doesn't work or comes back that I'll need to send it in for service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I bought another Edid manager @23eur on amazon. Conversely to Arcana from HDFury, it change nothing because I think when I set this product on "copy edid", it does a passthrough, it isn't repeat the edid message.
So at least : color are always randomly oversaturated when projector comes back to SDR.

I cannot test Nvidia shield because I sell it because too many Edid with my power amp.

At the moment, I'm using :
  • Xbox one S for VOD (allow HDR and Atmos on every VOD)
  • Panasonic UB400 for physical support.
  • Zidoo X9S for MKV/ISO rip. But I will receive a Zappiti with dual HDMI out (1 video and 1 audio)
I will try to connect hdmi video on projector and hdmi audio direct on power amp.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Updated Asia version of optoma p1.
Everything goes smoothly.
However, the worrisome part was driver upgrade after the firmware upgrade.
Theres no background music, only the temp and power light alternating on off.
Luckily took the pic of info msg prior to update driver that it takes 30mins.
After that projector able to boot up.

Again the MAIN PAIN is some videos, the brightness will vary when the scene changes.
Just need to observe the whiteness of the subtitles to notice this phenomenon.
Why can’t Optoma resolve this issue once and for all....
SERIOUSLY .... WILL NEVER BUY ANY OPTOMA PRODUCTS AGAIN💩...😡

·
Registered
88 Posts
Updated Asia version of optoma p1.
Everything goes smoothly.
However, the worrisome part was driver upgrade after the firmware upgrade.
Theres no background music, only the temp and power light alternating on off.
Luckily took the pic of info msg prior to update driver that it takes 30mins.
After that projector able to boot up.

Again the MAIN PAIN is some videos, the brightness will vary when the scene changes.
Just need to observe the whiteness of the subtitles to notice this phenomenon.
Why can’t Optoma resolve this issue once and for all....
SERIOUSLY .... WILL NEVER BUY ANY OPTOMA PRODUCTS AGAIN💩...😡
Dynamic black issue ?
Can you share firmware version ? 15.5 ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a uhz65ust. Firmware is 15.5. Mostly, I use it hooked up via HDMI to my desktop PC, which has windows 10 with I7-3770k processor and GTX670 video card. For audio, I connected the optical output of the projector to my stereo integrated amplifier Rotel RA-12. Most of my movies are on a HDD connected to the PC, but I also have Netflix. I use VLC as media player.
The problem is that with this setup, I cannot view movies and tv shows in 4K HDR. 4K works fine, but I think the main issue is that the GTX670 has only HDMI 1.2 outputs. I have two other laptops (one windows, one Ubuntu) with 1.4 HDMI outputs but the issue remains. Also the Windows laptop basically crashes when I play 4K HDR movies.
I've tried to put the movies on a HDD and connect it directly to the projector, and the internal media player plays the movie in HDR (as told by projector info menu) but I have no audio. An error message to the tone of "Audio codec not recognized" appears most times.
I tried to use Optoma Tapcast (from the PC) and Plex (with the PC as server) but neither show HDR.
Is there any way I can solve this issue, possibly with a limited expense (<100Euro)? I guess a chromecast ultra would allow me to see stuff from netflix, but could I use it to stream movies from the HDD/PC? Thank y'all!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You could use an 4K Amazon Fire TV and install Kodi on it. With Kodi installed you can stream your movies from your PC and it's only 60€. I use this setup and am really satisfied with this solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could use an 4K Amazon Fire TV and install Kodi on it. With Kodi installed you can stream your movies from your PC and it's only 60€. I use this setup and am really satisfied with this solution.
Thanks! Would Kodi on a Chromecast ultra work the same way? Also, are you also using the optical out like me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine has been RMA'd for this very reason. At first the dot would come and go, so I didn't worry too much. Then it stayed... And a second one appeared that never went away. Both in the middle of the screen, very distracting. I'm afraid it's like cancer, as in it spreads. The DMD chip needs to be changed, that's the thing with all the micromirrors on.
Hi everyone. My UHZ65UST came back yesterday and I don't know if it came back better or worse than when it had left. I no longer have white dots but the lens can't seem to focus on the entirety of the screen (92"). No matter how I move the focus slider, the lower part of the image remains blurry and hurts my eyes. It's not as obvious when playing videos but all graphical user interfaces look disgusting (Optoma home UI, Shield UI...) and strain the eyes because it's not focused right. I also don't recognize the lens, it looks different somewhat. And there's also this, huge light bleeds (see picture below)... Has anyone had a unit they couldn't get the focus right? Like way off, not just one of the top corners.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi everyone. My UHZ65UST came back yesterday and I don't know if it came back better or worse than when it had left. I no longer have white dots but the lens can't seem to focus on the entirety of the screen (92"). No matter how I move the focus slider, the lower part of the image remains blurry and hurts my eyes. It's not as obvious when playing videos but all graphical user interfaces look disgusting (Optoma home UI, Shield UI...) and strain the eyes because it's not focused right. I also don't recognize the lens, it looks different somewhat. And there's also this, huge light bleeds (see picture below)... Has anyone had a unit they couldn't get the focus right? Like way off, not just one of the top corners.
When there are Sharpness Issue they need to change the Engine.

Send him as soon as cover by warranty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi everyone,
I have a uhz65ust. Firmware is 15.5. Mostly, I use it hooked up via HDMI to my desktop PC, which has windows 10 with I7-3770k processor and GTX670 video card. For audio, I connected the optical output of the projector to my stereo integrated amplifier Rotel RA-12. Most of my movies are on a HDD connected to the PC, but I also have Netflix. I use VLC as media player.
The problem is that with this setup, I cannot view movies and tv shows in 4K HDR. 4K works fine, but I think the main issue is that the GTX670 has only HDMI 1.2 outputs. I have two other laptops (one windows, one Ubuntu) with 1.4 HDMI outputs but the issue remains. Also the Windows laptop basically crashes when I play 4K HDR movies.
I've tried to put the movies on a HDD and connect it directly to the projector, and the internal media player plays the movie in HDR (as told by projector info menu) but I have no audio. An error message to the tone of "Audio codec not recognized" appears most times.
I tried to use Optoma Tapcast (from the PC) and Plex (with the PC as server) but neither show HDR.
Is there any way I can solve this issue, possibly with a limited expense (<100Euro)? I guess a chromecast ultra would allow me to see stuff from netflix, but could I use it to stream movies from the HDD/PC? Thank y'all!
Without HDMI 2.0 you cannot play 4K HDR content.

If you don't hear the sound using the Optoma mediaplayer, probably you are playing some AVI format or MP4 not compliant. If you try with MKV you have no problems

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, has anyone got a Sonos arc setup with the UHZ65UST, with or without HD Fury. Was thinking of upgrading from my 2.1 Bose speakers from 10 years ago

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go into the Service Menu:

Power Off - UP - DOWN - MENU (the 3 lines)

There is a rainbow pattern where you can see if you have a problem with the wheel or not.
Ended up opening a warranty item with optoma and sent it off. Is it normal to have to pay for shipping? Also can anyone tell me how long it took to get yours repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ended up opening a warranty item with optoma and sent it off. Is it normal to have to pay for shipping? Also can anyone tell me how long it took to get yours repaired?
Someone on here said theirs was away 7 weeks. Mine's been away for 2 weeks so far. I didn't have to pay postage up front so we'll see.

3701 - 3720 of 3735 Posts