AVS Forum banner

381 - 400 of 2889 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I remain curious how this will practically work - isolate the LFE information from the incoming, digital HDMI audio signal, convert it to analog and sent it out via a 3.5mm adapter cable with an RCA subwoofer connector on the other end?
It works the same as any other subwoofer. The 3.5 out is full range audio. The subwoofer filters everything out but the bottom low pass frequencies to whatever the user settings are on the subwoofer or in the audio settings of the projector. I’m sure the optical out would do the same thing, but the majority of subwoofers have analog inputs while it’s rarer to offer optical or digital coax inputs (unfortunately).

The addition of a subwoofer correctly dialed in will make the projector speakers much more viable as a primary audio setup for many. I’m sure it will never happen, but it would be great if Optoma would recommend specific subwoofers that are a good match in timbre with the speakers.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
It works the same as any other subwoofer. The 3.5 out is full range audio. The subwoofer filters everything out but the bottom low pass frequencies to whatever the user settings are on the subwoofer or in the audio settings of the projector. I’m sure the optical out would do the same thing, but the majority of subwoofers have analog inputs while it’s rarer to offer optical or digital coax inputs (unfortunately).

The addition of a subwoofer correctly dialed in will make the projector speakers much more viable as a primary audio setup for many. I’m sure it will never happen, but it would be great if Optoma would recommend specific subwoofers that are a good match in timbre with the speakers.
I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a Nuforce (Optoma's sister company and maker of the soundbar in this projector) subwoofer to pair with this sometime soon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a Nuforce (Optoma's sister company and maker of the soundbar in this projector) subwoofer to pair with this sometime soon.
That would/could be great. I know NuForce went out of business and then were bought out by Optoma. I have the feeling they’re not really a full fledged audio company any more but I could be wrong. The P1 might have been what Optoma had in mind when they bought NuForce (or their assets).

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
That's indeed very strange.

But thanks to your link...WE FINALLY GOT A REAR VIEW OF THE CINEMAX P1 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am afraid this might happen to U.S. price too...Optoma UK told me that final P1 price might align with EU one...:I

Hopefully this won't happen or it would be a big turn off, honestly

I just received word that in Canada, the P1 price will be CDN $6000+, which works out to US $4500. Ugh.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am afraid this might happen to U.S. price too...Optoma UK told me that final P1 price might align with EU one...:I

Hopefully this won't happen or it would be a big turn off, honestly
I agree.

Currently, I am on the pre-order list for the LG HU85LA (I am told I am first on the list at Eastporters up here in Canada), but the lack of 3D has me thinking the Optoma might be a better fit, thus my renewed interest in the P1.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Strange thing about the P1 EU version (UHZ65UST)....it looks like it's

- 3.200 lumens vs 3.000 (P1)
- 2.000.000:1 contrast ratio vs 1.500.000:1 (P1)
- £3.999 aka $4.863 vs $2.999 (P1)...crazy price gap!
- it confirms 3D and 24fps

Specs link here: https://www.projectors.co.uk/media/import/documents//OPTOMAUHZ65USTPROJECTOR.pdf

What is going on Optoma?!

You must be kidding me. That's horrible if that's true. I was so happy that I didn't had to buy a Xiaomi Wemax A300 and now the raised the price around 62%? That's so sad! I haven't found any Euro prices yet but I'm afraid that it will make me cry.
That's the feeling I had when I was told that Santa doesn't exist. :-(
Shame on Optoma!

·
Registered
79 Posts
You must be kidding me. That's horrible if that's true. I was so happy that I didn't had to buy a Xiaomi Wemax A300 and now the raised the price around 62%? That's so sad! I haven't found any Euro prices yet but I'm afraid that it will make me cry.
That's the feeling I had when I was told that Santa doesn't exist. :-(
Shame on Optoma!

And I don't see any 2D 24Hz compatibility anymore. All the hype is gone!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where did you hear that? I was told it's going to be CDN $3999
I got the "quote", from Eastporters in Canada. They stated that the anticipated price for the P1 would be CDN $6000+.

Where did you hear that the pricing was $3999? That would be MUCH better!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
If price is above $3K in the U.S., I'll likely just stick to w/the UHD51A I have.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's indeed very strange.

But thanks to your link...WE FINALLY GOT A REAR VIEW OF THE CINEMAX P1 :)
according to their website it has three HDMI inputs and three USB inputs. There are only two in this picture although there could be one on the side. I don't know what's going on Optoma right now but they better not jack up the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
If this thing is above $3k, can we move this thread to the high end forum, stop getting my hopes up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
If this thing is above $3k, can we move this thread to the high end forum, stop getting my hopes up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They're talking about Canadian prices above bro...$2,999 in the US as was announced and verified.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
And I don't see any 2D 24Hz compatibility anymore. All the hype is gone!!!!
That PDF looks like it was put together by the retailer and it has disclaimers at the bottom about omitted or incorrect specs, PLUS it's not even for the American market, I would take that with a huge grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
according to their website it has three HDMI inputs and three USB inputs. There are only two in this picture although there could be one on the side. I don't know what's going on Optoma right now but they better not jack up the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The third HDMI input is on the side, read the official US PDF on post #380 posted by @Brajesh. :rolleyes:

381 - 400 of 2889 Posts