AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 2943 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just got it from Eastporters, you mentioned you got lg one from them?
So weird. Eastporters told me they are anticipating that the retail price of the Optoma P1 to be CDN "$6000+"?

I really hope it will be CDN $3999. If it is, I am tempted to switch my pre-order to the P1.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
120 Posts
So weird. Eastporters told me they are anticipating that the retail price of the Optoma P1 to be CDN "$6000+"?

I really hope it will be CDN $3999. If it is, I am tempted to switch my pre-order to the P1.

Thanks for the info!
hmmm, I hope they weren't trying to just get deposit...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Notice for European customers: Received the latest issue of Germany's AudioVision yesterday and although it's not their philosophy to test entry level home theater projectors, unless there is something to write home about, next month's issue (mid-September) will NOT feature a test or preview of the Cinemax P1 / UHZ65UST but instead the Optoma UHD40. :(

Looks to me as if they reserved the spot for the P1, but instead now have to fill it with the UHD40, so it seems as if European customers might have to wait a little bit longer for the P1... ("America First!" :p)

AFAIK - according to the BenQ threads:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3021904-benq-w2700-ht3550-announcement-ownera-s-thread-147.html#post58422220 - the higher import taxes for front projectors made in China for US customers become effective on September 1, 2019.

Thus I would have rather expected a 10% increase on the US Price tag of 2,999 $, but definitely not for other territories as these aren't affected by the tarif increase. Very strange, hopefully Optoma can clear this up and resolve these open questions.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Thanks for the info, infact looks like EU release has been pushed to mid Oct 2019...

Generally bit worried about pricing increase in EU/U.S.: if it goes towards 4/5k price tag then LG UST goes back in the mix as dual laser.
This would be a huge boomerang for Optoma after having marketed $3k for a while.

Let's see what happens :/

Notice for European customers: Received the latest issue of Germany's AudioVision yesterday and although it's not their philosophy to test entry level home theater projectors, unless there is something to write home about, next month's issue (mid-September) will NOT feature a test or preview of the Cinemax P1 / UHZ65UST but instead the Optoma UHD40. :(

Looks to me as if they reserved the spot for the P1, but instead now have to fill it with the UHD40, so it seems as if European customers might have to wait a little bit longer for the P1... ("America First!" :p)

AFAIK - according to the BenQ threads:https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3021904-benq-w2700-ht3550-announcement-ownera-s-thread-147.html#post58422220 - the higher import taxes for front projectors made in China for US customers become effective on September 1, 2019.

Thus I would have rather expected a 10% increase on the US Price tag of 2,999 $, but definitely not for other territories as these aren't affected by the tarif increase. Very strange, hopefully Optoma can clear this up and resolve these open questions.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Reactions: Johnny nz

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
according to their website it has three HDMI inputs and three USB inputs. There are only two in this picture although there could be one on the side. I don't know what's going on Optoma right now but they better not jack up the price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
There is a USB port on the side that you can plug the remote control into in order to charge it.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
They're talking about Canadian prices above bro...$2,999 in the US as was announced and verified.
... unfortunately it may be "un-verified" due to the tariffs coming into effect 9/1. I am hoping to get an updated "confirmed" price before the end of the month from Optoma.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I paid one to reserve mine at Eastporter 3999$ with Elunevision Nanoedge UST ALR 110 inch 2800$ .It should be at home at the end of September.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry if it's been asked, but can this be projected from above or rear projection?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just curious, for those who are buying UST, what kind of media stand do you have? would the hight dependent on UST projector?
I'm assuming with the UST, the position of pj is not so forgiving?
So this is my concern as well. I assume my wife will want to change the console, room decide and I’ll want to upgrade to a newer UST projector over time. For all these reasons I want to explore any options to mount my 120 inch fixed screen in a way that allows me to tweak the height of it as console furniture and projector change without having to re-drill/re-mount. So imagine being able to go up or down by about 1-2 feet as needed.

I posted in the Screens section asking if anyone has already figured this out, but seems this doesn’t exist as a simple wall mounting option to buy.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/3042026-vava-4k-ust-pj-announced.html#/topics/3085254

Anyone in here know of something to make this possible?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
So this is my concern as well. I assume my wife will want to change the console, room decide and I’ll want to upgrade to a newer UST projector over time. For all these reasons I want to explore any options to mount my 120 inch fixed screen in a way that allows me to tweak the height of it as console furniture and projector change without having to re-drill/re-mount. So imagine being able to go up or down by about 1-2 feet as needed.

I posted in the Screens section asking if anyone has already figured this out, but seems this doesn’t exist as a simple wall mounting option to buy.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/3042026-vava-4k-ust-pj-announced.html#/topics/3085254

It’s not fixed but is tap tensioned. I’m thinking of building this into a cabinet once I decide what 4k UST I’m going to buy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So this is my concern as well. I assume my wife will want to change the console, room decide and I’️ll want to upgrade to a newer UST projector over time. For all these reasons I want to explore any options to mount my 120 inch fixed screen in a way that allows me to tweak the height of it as console furniture and projector change without having to re-drill/re-mount. So imagine being able to go up or down by about 1-2 feet as needed.

I posted in the Screens section asking if anyone has already figured this out, but seems this doesn’️t exist as a simple wall mounting option to buy.

It’️s not fixed but is tap tensioned. I’️m thinking of building this into a cabinet once I decide what 4k UST I’️m going to buy.

I see what you mean but not that I’m looking for. I want to mount a standard fixed on the wall, but just have flexibility to easily and I’m very small increments move it up and down.

I have a design in mind to accomplish this and I think I can build an amazing solution for like $25 bucks in materials.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a problem with this screen, I don’t want to leave the projector on the floor to get kicked , also Carpet would be a big problem with fluff and being unstable so this type of photo is not without a lot of cons

401 - 420 of 2943 Posts