Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I am looking for a decent wide screen TV for no more than about $2,500 Canadian (all included, taxes, shipping etc). That would be about $2,000 USD.

I came accross this and was wondering if it was a good deal:

Optoma RD50

50 in. DLPâ„¢ Projection at Costco - you can find this unit on their website - Canadian or American.

The price includes shipping, and since it is $XXXX Canadian, it would be about ~xxxx or so USD.

I am thinking of buying it - any thoughts on this unit and its price?

Thanks in advance!

[Please post MSRP only]

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano
I came accross this and was wondering if it was a good deal:

Optoma RD50

50 in. DLP™ Projection at Costco
Not unless it's the RD50A version. It will cost you an extra $400 to get copyright protected (HDCP) programming if it's their original (old) RD50 model. And that's only true if they offer the upgrade in Canada.

The RD50 (HD2 chip) sets have been on close out for a very long time -- over a year.

They both have good picture quality. They are well built and have very good user controls.

Here is a thread about the original RD50 when it first came out.

A Tweaked 50" Optoma RPTV

Here is a thread about the RD50A with the HD2+ chip and HDCP capability. Note that the announcement was June 2004. There are current threads about the RD50A in the forum.

Optoma announces new HD2+ RPTVs

·
Registered
147 Posts
You should check out the sponsor Visual Apex's deal on the RD50A, also there is a long thread of RD50A Owners.

peace.

unloaded

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.