AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,708 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdog_2005 /forum/post/16952029

I have been thinking about making my next screen for use with the optoma super wide mode on my projector and i wanted some opinions on what people think who use this mode.

Any reason why?

What does this mode actually do to the image?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use it since i had limited vertical height (about 48") so I went with a 2.01 screen, width is exactly 96". I run in superwide all the time, I have a small LCD running nearby to compare and you lose very little of the top and bottom of the picture, nothing that I miss. I know this makes the purists cringe but it works for me. I don't think it has ever cut off score from any football/basketball/baseball game I have watch, although while watching ESPN when they run scores at bottom and scroll below that, you miss about the top 1/2 of the words, but I find it funny you can still read what they are typing.

Also, when watching 2.35 or 2.4 a/r movies you get fairly small black bars, you zoom out a little, use vertical shift to move picture up and add filler bar (apprx 3" wide) to bottom of screen, or overscan some and fill the whole screen w/o filler bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts