AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
have you managed to find and answer for this yet..If not, let me know and I'll see what i can come up with to get it working for you.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You need an Optoma 3D-XL and a source such as a 3D bluray player. The 3D-XL will process the side by side3d videos for you and send it to the projector where you can enable dlp-link and use your dlp link glasses. If it's not on the compatability list to use NVIDIA 3D VISION it might not work, butyou could use 3d stereoscopic player for side by side 3d on your pc.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You could also try the iZ3d player with your DLP glasses(I'm assuming you have some glasses) or do you have the nvidia 3D vision glasses??

·
Registered
232 Posts
For bluray frame packed 3d the 3D-XL takes the hdmi 1.4 signal and converts it to hdmi 1.3 which your projector can understand. I know of no software that can do this and the only other converter I know of is the viewsonic vp3d1 which is cheaper than the 3D-XL at $200 or less. Another option you can use is the monoprice 3d creator it processes SBS using hdmi and also converts 2d to 3d, but it can't process bluray 3d frame packed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get this to work? I have the TX615-3D as well and a Viewsonic VP3D1, but I cannot get it to do 3D. Whenever I activate the SBS 3D button, I can hear my color wheel ramp up and start spinning really fast and then the projection goes white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts