AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1796 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can anyone recommend a 9m (30 feet) HDMI cable that will reliably connect my projector to my amp at the top quality setting of this projector at 4K 60Hz? I would be much obliged!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Can anyone recommend a 9m (30 feet) HDMI cable that will reliably connect my projector to my amp at the top quality setting of this projector at 4K 60Hz? I would be much obliged!

For that length I suggest a fiber optic cable. I bought a 50 ft one from Monoprice, it works as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hi guys I have decided to return my BenQ HT2550 for this model instead.

I have never owned a projector before so I'm all new to this. Can someone please steer me in the right direction as far as settings for this projector.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Calibration is key to getting the most from this projector. Performance out of the box is very underwhelming. I'm actually quite satisfied now with it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
would be nice if someone actually posted their calibrated settings for others to test/try/comment on :confused:
please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello folks quick question for you....Why does my projector switch aspect or size of screen when I go from DirecTv to Xbox in 4k? Kind of annoying it if I set my screen to be filled with the DirecTV if I switch to Xbox 4K it becomes larger than my screen. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
797 Posts
For any body that has this projector - what mount are using it for it?

If you can provide me with a link to it on amazon I would be grateful!

·
Registered
797 Posts
Peerless prg-unv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thanks for the quick reply and I was actually able to find it on Amazon which is great because that's where I get a lot of stuff from. It is a little bit too pricey though.

I have never even mounted a projector before and was confused when I didn't see any mounting screws on this particular model until I read some where they are actually located on the bottom. I see 3 small holes that kinda form a triangle towards the middle and some larger holes that on the edges - I believe I can use any one of those right? Will something like this cheaper one work? I had ordered it and just canceled the order and figure I'd save myself time and energy by asking here first before re-ordering it again.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Universal-Adjustable-Projection-MOUNT-VP02W/dp/B01014WET4/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=projector+mount&qid=1547928720&s=Electronics&sr=1-3

I'm also using a portable screen like this one, would ceiling mounting a projector be a no-no in this situation since the screen is on the ground rather than dropping down from a wall or ceiling? I know most people use wall or ceiling mounted screens so mine is a bit of a odd situation.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001N2N6U0/?coliid=I22C51IZ4ZH1XK&colid=1OV7LS37YSXFV&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
So first of all - all pj mounts suck - they are all a giant pain in the butt

Peerless makes it a little bit easier on you in that you can easily adjust the tilt left to right and the tilt forward and back with two knobs

Other mounts don’t have that so you have to hope like hell that you got it right and then you go to tighten the screw and darn it now the image is off half an inch, so you go back and fix it and now its off in the other direction.

Squaring up an image on a screen is probably my least favorite part of home theater. If you’re patient and you keep working with it and ESPECIALLY if you use black velvet tape around your screen (does an awesome job of hiding your mistakes) then you can probably get away with the cheaper mount.

But do yourself a favor and go to the atm to get $20 to put in the curse jar because you’re going to need it.

:)

Good luck.

·
Registered
797 Posts
So first of all - all pj mounts suck - they are all a giant pain in the butt

Peerless makes it a little bit easier on you in that you can easily adjust the tilt left to right and the tilt forward and back with two knobs

Other mounts don’t have that so you have to hope like hell that you got it right and then you go to tighten the screw and darn it now the image is off half an inch, so you go back and fix it and now its off in the other direction.

Squaring up an image on a screen is probably my least favorite part of home theater. If you’re patient and you keep working with it and ESPECIALLY if you use black velvet tape around your screen (does an awesome job of hiding your mistakes) then you can probably get away with the cheaper mount.

But do yourself a favor and go to the atm to get $20 to put in the curse jar because you’re going to need it.

:)

Good luck.

DUDE....... you are NOT lying!!
Like I said prior above I have never owned a projector before and oh my goodness was it hard and difficult trying to get the image squared up. Something I had never even initially paid much attention to before because I never had a projector to worry about it. Luckily I had my projector on a table top that wasn't even because of the carpeting and it was tough. That's why I'm thinking going the ceiling mount so if I get it right I can just set it up and forget never having to hassle with that again.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
DUDE....... you are NOT lying!!

Like I said prior above I have never owned a projector before and oh my goodness was it hard and difficult trying to get the image squared up. Something I had never even initially paid much attention to before because I never had a projector to worry about it. Luckily I had my projector on a table top that wasn't even because of the carpeting and it was tough. That's why I'm thinking going the ceiling mount so if I get it right I can just set it up and forget never having to hassle with that again.

Ceiling mounts are 10x worse. Like I said find the curse jar ahead of time.

So honestly the hardest part is getting the lens dead center of the screen. Keep in mind where you attach the mount to the ceiling may not be where the lens is.

That’s honestly half the battle.

And then the UHD50 is heavy as fart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quick PSA

I recently got a UHD50 when it was around the 1000 dollar mark over the Holidays and just now got it going. My setup includes Marantz 4k hdmi passthrough receiver, roku ultra, xbox one x. Initially i tried the active/passive hdmi, since my run needed to be be around 35ft. "No Source found" was all that i would get. Some troubleshooting led me to that HDMI cable. Secondly i tried a thicker active/passive cable and the source was found "So i thought" as now I was having all sorts of weird issues of gray rips on the on the picture, going from menus the resolution would go back and forth, source not available popups.

I had a previous viewsonic and never had this issue. Was it the projector?

I then decided to order the old hdmi cables i had for my Viewsonic. Monoprice Certified 4k 18Gbps cables https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15430 i had to rearrange some things, since they only went to 30 foot.

All in all i got them swapped out last night and no weird issues regarding ANYTHING. Xbox and Roku switched to different resolutions quick and easy now.

So PSA if you are having weird issues its highly likely your HDMI cables.

Also does anyone have any picture settings they would like to share?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Optoma UHD50 already having issues less than 2 months owned

I have not even owned my brand new UHD50 for 2 months and it is now randomly shutting off during usage. After it goes black from these random shut offs, the power light indicator starts flashing and the bulb light indicator remains lit. Prior to this issue, I noticed a very subtle flicker that would occur maybe once every 10 min or so usually when I had something white on the screen, but now that is happening as well at a greater frequency. The first month of ownership I experienced none of these issues at all, and nothing in my configuration nor setup has changed. I thought maybe it was my 4K HDMI cable but I tried another and it made no difference. Not a great way to start things off.

1301 - 1320 of 1796 Posts