AVS Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1816 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
@DunMunro - its a white case(and not Black case) and also checked in the menu --> information ..it says UHD50 only not UHD51A.

I have to try with Blu Ray player...

Im thinking, since this projector is refurb unit, the person who owned/bought this before might have done the firmware update of UHD51A for this UHD50 unit.
It's a bit of a mystery for sure. The strange thing is that Optoma thought it was fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a bit of a mystery for sure. The strange this is that Optoma thought it was fine.
@DunMunro - i just done with a call from Optoma Techncal support person. After going through all of my UHD50 projector's Firmware version information with him, he said thee is nothing wrong with the firmware as its the latest one for the UHD50 even though it not available in the website support section. He also confirmed the C09 is for UHD50 too and all i have is the latest version of firmware which will/should support 3D capabilities.

I was playing around with below combination.

3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = Frame Packing

Once above combination is selected, i see two images getting overlapped in the display coming from projector. I also see two separate images through my 3D glasses but not in sync. I mean, when i view the display through 3D glasses, left eye see through is showing one image and right eye see through is showing different image. They both are not in sync.

Same happening for below combination
3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = SBS

3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = Top and Bottom

Question : When you switch on the 3D glass, does it flash green light continously every 5 seconds? This is happening to me when i set the 3d Format = Auto or Sequential.

thanks

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
@DunMunro - i just done with a call from Optoma Techncal support person. After going through all of my UHD50 projector's Firmware version information with him, he said thee is nothing wrong with the firmware as its the latest one for the UHD50 even though it not available in the website support section. He also confirmed the C09 is for UHD50 too and all i have is the latest version of firmware which will/should support 3D capabilities.

I was playing around with below combination.

3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = Frame Packing

Once above combination is selected, i see two images getting overlapped in the display coming from projector. I also see two separate images through my 3D glasses but not in sync. I mean, when i view the display through 3D glasses, left eye see through is showing one image and right eye see through is showing different image. They both are not in sync.

Same happening for below combination
3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = SBS

3d Mode = on
3d Sync insert = off
3d Format = Top and Bottom

Question : When you switch on the 3D glass, does it flash green light continously every 5 seconds? This is happening to me when i set the 3d Format = Auto or Sequential.

thanks
It flashes green every ~5secs if there's no 3D signal from the projector and no flashing when playing a 3D movie. What does UHD50 menu->info report for the incoming signal?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It flashes green every ~5secs if there's no 3D signal from the projector and no flashing when playing a 3D movie. What does UHD50 menu->info report for the incoming signal?
@DunMunro - Thanks a lot for the information. Finally i was able to see 3D getting projected from my PS4 as well as Blu Ray Player via UHD50.

Source : Sony UBP X700 & PS4

When i connected Blu Ray player and played 3D movie for the first time i see 3D option in the projector was showing as disabled. Then i tried changing display resolution from my Blu Ray player to 1080p which finally was able to cast 3D signal to my projector. Same thing happened for PS4 as well.

Seems like UHD50 only receives signal of [email protected] refresh rate from 3D sources.

I set my 3D options as like below in my projector:
3d Mode = ON
3d Sync insert = ON
3d Format = Sequential

@ DunMunro - Can you confirm if your display resolution in your Blu ray player is set to 4K or to 1080p ?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
@DunMunro - Thanks a lot for the information. Finally i was able to see 3D getting projected from my PS4 as well as Blu Ray Player via UHD50.

Source : Sony UBP X700 & PS4

When i connected Blu Ray player and played 3D movie for the first time i see 3D option in the projector was showing as disabled. Then i tried changing display resolution from my Blu Ray player to 1080p which finally was able to cast 3D signal to my projector. Same thing happened for PS4 as well.

Seems like UHD50 only receives signal of [email protected] refresh rate from 3D sources.

I set my 3D options as like below in my projector:
3d Mode = ON
3d Sync insert = ON
3d Format = Sequential

@ DunMunro - Can you confirm if your display resolution in your Blu ray player is set to 4K or to 1080p ?
My X700 is set to auto upscale to 4K, but by default 3D movies are not upscaled and will be played at 1080P.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Gamma in 3D,

I've noticed that with Firmware C07 that 3D gamma will actually be set to the last gamma used with an SDR source. Last night I was watching 'Passengers' 3D and I noticed excessive contrast in the image (which is similar to the effect of Gamma = Graphics), which is what I had been using on HDMI1 with my PC as a source. So I switched back to HDMI1 with the remote, changed gamma to 1.8 and bingo, gamma on HDMI2 with a 3D signal changed to 1.8 (or so it seemed because the menu->display still reports gamma as '3D').

·
Registered
6 Posts
Optoma UHD50 - bulb going bad or something worst?

Hi,
If someone can help identify if the highlighted spot in the image attached. Much appreciate...
I cleaned the lens is nothing in front. I hope is the bulb or some obstruction that can be cleaned...
Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hi,
If someone can help identify if the highlighted spot in the image attached. Much appreciate...
I cleaned the lens is nothing in front. I hope is the bulb or some obstruction that can be cleaned...
Thank you
Do not clean the lens or spray compressed air into the projector. What did you clean it with?

Take a clearer picture with the artifact in focus.

Try moving the projector left and right to see if the issue is from the screen.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Hi,
Thank you
Probably something in the lightpath. Some textile fiber or other. You might try setting the projector to high altitude mode to see if changes. Might be other cause, but this is my best guess. Should have nothing to do with the lamp, and not with the front of the lens either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably something in the lightpath. Some textile fiber or other. You might try setting the projector to high altitude mode to see if changes. Might be other cause, but this is my best guess. Should have nothing to do with the lamp, and not with the front of the lens either.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.
Not sure how to set the Optoma UHD50 to high altitude mode in settings.
Looked over all settings, there is nothing like that.
Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try leaving it for a while on, maybe it goes away.

Benq has a service to clean/service the projectors for a relatively small fee, talk to Optoma. Maybe it's covered by warranty.

If it's out of warranty and you don't want to send it in you can open it yourself.
Thanks for the reply.
I left in on a bit... it moves at one and a bit... not enough to go away i think its stuck on the end close to the edge of the screen...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I apologize if this question does not belong here. I am learning everything as i go.
I purchased an UHD50 for my first home theater paired with Pioneer VSX-LX303 as my AVR. I made a 16:9 Screen based on plans in DIY section.
I am using Apple TV plugged into 4k HDMI input into UHD50 for the pictures below. UHD50 is configured to be 16:9 aspect ratio.

When I have Apple TV connected, I see that there is a strip of blank space all around. Content of Apple TV menus or even when i play a 4K movie, it fits perfectly within the screen. However, there this strip all around that is getting projected. I am not sure if I am describing it properly.

Can someone help me understand what is going on there?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
I apologize if this question does not belong here. I am learning everything as i go.
I purchased an UHD50 for my first home theater paired with Pioneer VSX-LX303 as my AVR. I made a 16:9 Screen based on plans in DIY section.
I am using Apple TV plugged into 4k HDMI input into UHD50 for the pictures below. UHD50 is configured to be 16:9 aspect ratio.

When I have Apple TV connected, I see that there is a strip of blank space all around. Content of Apple TV menus or even when i play a 4K movie, it fits perfectly within the screen. However, there this strip all around that is getting projected. I am not sure if I am describing it properly.

Can someone help me understand what is going on there?
Not all content is 16x9. Image 3 shows content that is being displayed in ~2.35-1 format and this is displayed with the black bars as shown in your image. The other images show content that is slightly different from 16x9, assuming that your frame is exactly correct.

The UHD50 uses the first generation .47in 4K XPR DMD, and it will project a faint light border (2-4cm wide depending on screen size) outside the 16x9 dimension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not all content is 16x9. Image 3 shows content that is being displayed in ~2.35-1 format and this is displayed with the black bars as shown in your image. The other images show content that is slightly different from 16x9, assuming that your frame is exactly correct.

The UHD50 uses the first generation .47in 4K XPR DMD, and it will project a faint light border (2-4cm wide depending on screen size) outside the 16x9 dimension.
Thank you! I will try to find exact 16:9 content and try it out.

1761 - 1780 of 1816 Posts