AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
From ProjectorCentral's ISE 2020 visit.

"As expected, the Optoma booth was filled with projection solutions, as well as a wide array of LED flat panels and a second, larger offering in the company's developing line of large LED wall panel displays (a 163-inch two-piece model was added to the 130-inch all-in-one display introduced last year). Among several new or recently shipping models was the UHD42 home entertainment projector (which will be known as the UHD50 in the U.S. when it ships in the March/April timeframe). This compact bulb-based model features 4K UHD resolution and up to 3,200 ANSI lumens, but it's claim to fame is that it's said to be the first gaming projector that supports a 240 Hz refresh rate (with 1080p content, and assuming the source has the graphics capability to deliver such a signal). Input lag is said to be around 16 ms. It's also HDR and HLG compatible, and features a 1.3x zoom lens with vertical lens shift and an onboard 10W speaker. U.S. pricing hasn't been announced, but it's expected to be available overseas for 1,249 Euro, or about $1,400 U.S. An alternate model, designated the UHD30 for both markets, will offer a different zoom and only a single HDMI port vs. the two found on the UHD42/50, and will be offered for 999 Euro, or about $1,100 U.S."

Reactions: DunMunro

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi ive just bought this projector and its great. only thing annoying is the noise it makes. its my first projector so im not used to the noise as coming from a tv. anyone no any settings or what i could do to eliminate the noise.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
hi ive just bought this projector and its great. only thing annoying is the noise it makes. its my first projector so im not used to the noise as coming from a tv. anyone no any settings or what i could do to eliminate the noise.

I don’t think you’ve bought THIS projector.

Model numbers can be a little confusing but this UHD50X hasn’t been released yet. Maybe you have the UHD50?

·
Registered
56 Posts
1440p is at 60hz input lag 23.8ms
4k 60hz input lag 25.8ms
1080p 240hz input lag 15.7ms

Played some fortnight on ps4 pro and it worked fine on 4k

·
Registered
7,075 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Theres only bright and eco mode
Ive set it to eco with dynamic black on and its still loud
Maybe its the ti chip making the noise

·
Registered
887 Posts
From ProjectorCentral's ISE 2020 visit.

"As expected, the Optoma booth was filled with projection solutions, as well as a wide array of LED flat panels and a second, larger offering in the company's developing line of large LED wall panel displays (a 163-inch two-piece model was added to the 130-inch all-in-one display introduced last year). Among several new or recently shipping models was the UHD42 home entertainment projector (which will be known as the UHD50 in the U.S. when it ships in the March/April timeframe). This compact bulb-based model features 4K UHD resolution and up to 3,200 ANSI lumens, but it's claim to fame is that it's said to be the first gaming projector that supports a 240 Hz refresh rate (with 1080p content, and assuming the source has the graphics capability to deliver such a signal). Input lag is said to be around 16 ms. It's also HDR and HLG compatible, and features a 1.3x zoom lens with vertical lens shift and an onboard 10W speaker. U.S. pricing hasn't been announced, but it's expected to be available overseas for 1,249 Euro, or about $1,400 U.S. An alternate model, designated the UHD30 for both markets, will offer a different zoom and only a single HDMI port vs. the two found on the UHD42/50, and will be offered for 999 Euro, or about $1,100 U.S."
The more I try to differentiate and remamber all the different model numbers for projectors the more annoying it becomes. Why can't they just use the same model number for the exact same projectors?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It does decrease a little bit when in eco and db off. Its all good im getting a guy to come build a hush box which should help. Any recommendations on glass type for the box that. The lense will shoot threw

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why is this product releasing with only HDMI 2.0 in 2020 and not 2.1?
You cannot get full 4K/60 with chroma 4:4:4 and HDR with HDMI 2.0.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Optoma US Press Release for the UHD50X is out now (the press release also discusses the UHD30 and HD146X).

US pricing:
The Optoma UHD50X is available for purchase now through Optoma authorized dealers for an estimated street price of $1,599.
The Optoma UHD30 is available for purchase now through Optoma authorized dealers for an estimated street price of $1,299.
The Optoma HD146X is available for purchase now through Optoma authorized dealers for an estimated street price of $549.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why is this product releasing with only HDMI 2.0 in 2020 and not 2.1?
You cannot get full 4K/60 with chroma 4:4:4 and HDR with HDMI 2.0.

projectors are like 5 years behind TVs. I'd be surprised if there are any projectors releasing in 2021 with HDMI 2.1

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
21 - 40 of 583 Posts